8.6 ] Any Last Words?

••●••

••●••

ODYSSEY, VIKA AND I made it back to base pretty early. We're trying not to bump into Director Hayes until we know Dexter Brown is here - but we also understand that maybe that'll come across as suspicious. 

So half of this plan is improvising. But that's okay. It's our job. 

"So remember you need to exaggerate your last name." Odyssey is telling me, "Dexter cares more about you than Vika and I since you come from rich-"

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Dolce's are rich or whatever." I mutter.

"Ah. Elliot Dolce. The heir to a cute little rich british family." Odyssey grins. 

Technically I haven't been heir since I ran away - but if it entertains Odyssey, I'll allow it. And if Odyssey is entertained, Vika is calm, and that's how I'd like to keep the both of them in this almost-crisis situation. 

I smile at her, "Yeah, well- shit, let me take this."

The call is from Sasha, and so obviously, I answer. The moment I do she's panicking and an assortment of muffled words and pleas are coming out from the receiver so fast and speedily I have to hold a hand to my other ear and hear her properly.

"Sasha-"

"You need to leave - Elliot I swear to God if you don't-"

"Sasha." I say firmer now. She stops talking. I take a breath, "From the top. Calmer. Please." 

She takes a deep breath, "Hayes got Margeux. I don't know exactly how - but it happened. Reign found out."

Shit.

"He's about to go there. I think..."

"Sasha?" I urge her softly to go on.

"I think he's going to go on a massacre. Or something. For everyone in the building." She says.

"Oh. Okay."

"What?"

"I mean, it makes sense - that's sort of like the bare minimum-"

"The bare minimum?! He's about to kill everyone in that building - including you guys if you're still in there-"

"Yeah...what, you think I wouldn't do that?" I tilt my head. This is, admittedly, very bad. But I need to calm her down, and then leave. We have time. I couldn't care less about the other people in this building. Most of them are fucking idiots anyway - specifically idiots who would throw any one of Team X under the bus in seconds. 

But yeah. I would also most definitely do that for her as well. 

"Grab Odyssey and Vika." Sasha is calmed now, "Grab them and get out of there - you have like ten minutes, I bet Reign is skipping red lights. Grab anyone else on your way that has nothing to do this - pull the fire alarm or something."