3.1 ] Victors? Not For Long

••●••

••●••

MORALE HAS BEEN down, obviously, but - at the end of the day - our next mission is to take down sex traffickers. We also know that isn't a lie since Elliot and Sasha spent a whole night doing back up research on the gang we're going to wipe out.

It's been a few weeks since the nuclear incident, and in just two days - we're going to storm a gang that goes by 'Victors' and kill every single one of them. Had they been prosecuted and sent to prison, we wouldn't need to step in. But with them being declared innocent (bullshit), it's time we step up and make sure they cause no more ruckus in the streets. 

So no matter how shit we feel for possibly being at fault for a nuclear explosion - at least we're taking some sex traffickers off the grid. That's the only way I can think about it otherwise I'll fall into a deep spiral filled with guilt and regret. 

"How will we know who we're meant to kill and who we don't?" Heather voices in the middle of breakfast. 

"We don't," Margeux shrugs, "Just kill whoever gets in your way. If they're innocent or whatever, it's on them for conspiring with sex traffickers anyway."

"We don't know that they're conspiring." Keagen frowns. 

"Then what are they doing there?" Margeux points out, "Probably customers or some shit."

"You make a valid point." I agree, "But we won't have to worry about that anyway since Director Hayes picked an off night where they don't have anyone over. Like a holiday."

"Sex trafficker holiday," Sasha smiles bitterly, "I wonder what they do. Other than ruin families and rob women of their innocence."

That got dark.

But, in reality, she didn't lie. It's good though. How blunt Sasha is. It fuels my hatred. Brings out the worst in me. 

I want the worst in me for when we infiltrate their base. 

••●••

"No." Vika crosses her arms.

"Please?" I clasp my hands together.

"I said no." She frowns harder.

"But we're unstoppable. And I feel safer with you." I pout.

She hesitates for a moment, "You'll get shot."

"No I won't." I shake my head, "I trust you."

"That's the thing, I don't stop for people. You get shot, you deal with it." She states.

"Nah," I wave a hand, "You'd never let me get shot."

Vika rolls her eyes and turns from her desk to sit down in her bed, "You're partnering with Sasha. End of story."

"Why?" I whine.

"Sasha will most likely keep you alive." 

"If we partner up together it'll be fun though! We'll kick ass." I walk over to her bed and sit down on it next to her. 

"Liam and I always pair up for these. We have a mutual understanding that we won't worry about each other, and we'll get to fight as hard as we can." Vika closes the book she was opening to answer me.

"Let's have the same agreement then." I shrug.

"No."

"Come on!"

"You and Liam are different. I don't care if he gets hurt." She says before opening her book up once again and actually making an effort to read it. 

"Vika."

She ignores me.

"Vika."

"What?"

"There are only four words, I'm sure you can do it." I smile.

"Excuse me?"

"I, care, about, you. Now say it all together." I reiterate.

"I, want, you, dead." She sends a rare smile. Sure, it's bitter and sarcastic and fake - but it's a smile nonetheless. And with Vika, those are rare. 

"No, no, no," I grin, "Two seconds ago you made it clear you wanted the opposite."

"Fine!" She snaps, "Let's partner up when we go against the Victors - why the fuck do they call themselves that - and let's ruin our fighting chances because I'll be too busy making sure you don't pull something impulsive, let's absolutely botch this mission."

"Yay! I knew you could do it." I dive on top of her, tackling the book out of her hand.

"Let. Go."

"Where's the fun in that?" I pout. 

Vika flips us over so the positions are switched in seconds, her hand on my throat as she pushes me into her mattress and zero reaction to the way I claw at her wrists.

"You've tried this before," She says, "You never win."

"It's still fun." I breathe. 

Vika rolls her eyes, holds me there for a seconds, before letting go and rolling off of me.

"Thank you for being my partner." I prop my head up with my arm as I beam at her.

"Yeah, yeah, shut up."

••●••

Andrew Tate just got let out (in past Juana time. don't know when this book is coming out) and I am livid. At least we got to see the real reason he shaves his head.

Readers when I only give them fragments of these two:

- Juana.