7.8 ] Guess

••●••

••●••

IF SOMEONE WERE to ask my what I'd like right now, I'd respond with a gun. Whether to use on the man in front of me currently or on myself, I am unsure. 

Lincoln sits across from me with a brooding smirk, two Team Y members next to him, sharing his expression. One is OT, AKA Mr. Babyface who has suddenly become more confident with Margeux's absence - and the other is Grian, a member I have only seen and never talked to up until now. 

I was just trying to eat my instant curry ramen. I was busy waiting for it to cool down, swiping on my phone, distracting myself from all of the shit my job has forced up on me recently - when bam. Lincoln and his side bitches decided they would pop up. 

They haven't said anything yet.

I know they're going to. 

I just think they want me to say something first. 

I don't. I raise a brow instead. 

"Morning, Odyssey." Lincoln smiles.

"Do you want me to put you in mourning?" I let my anger get to me far too quickly. 

"Woah, woah, calm down O," He chuckles, Grian and OT chuckling beside him, "Just here to check up on you."

"You did. Bye." I start to pick up my instant noddle cup and leave.

"Hey, hey," He jolts up to stand, "Where are you going? We just wanted to see how you were. See how you and the team are holding up."

I scoff, "We're fine."

"Really? I mean two more of your members are gone. There's only six of you left." He frowns, "There's no way you guys can still be the top team with those numbers...we wanted to just come and say thank you for all the work you've done before we take over."

"Take over?" I forget leaving, enraged. 

"It's inevitable O," Lincoln shrugs, "Your team...well if you can call six a team - should get used to it."

"Shut up L." I laugh, throwing nicknames in his face, "You guys never will and have never been better than us. Stats show."

"And with your declining members, they'll change." He raises his brows.

He's right. I don't let it show on my face, but he's right. Maybe if Margeux came back (the girl is a manic killing machine) or if even Reign did (the guy is Nancy Drew) our number would rise. The whole team works together, because it works well together.