7.2 ] Prison (Break? Please)

••●••

••●••

I SPENT A good portion of my life researching ways to get away with murder properly - said research being logical and not digital - and continuously checking up on all my plans and routes before committing a murder. 

All that was for nothing, because now, here I am, in prison. In London. I'm not even a citizen here but somehow it works this way? I wasn't even allowed to tell any of my family where I am. Not that I think I'd want to call my mom anyway. She's to busy being pregnant and probably making out with her boyfriend. 

Director Hayes definitely had something to do with how Reign and I have been sentenced. And I'm beyond pissed. I get angry, obviously, everyone does - but I've never been so willing to let it out. Usually I'll be grumpy. Or sassy. Right now, I feel like screaming my ass off. 

I've been bested. What the fuck. This is a humbling experience - truly - and I'm sure Director Hayes feels just marvellous with his work done today, talking about I knew you'd do this and I knew you'd do that. So what if I didn't kill Reign? He's a damaged individual, I can forgive, I like him enough to have him beg for my forgiveness later, and he has very nice fingers.

What Director Hayes doesn't know, however, is that after humbling me - I am now unhinged. 

A lot of people have described me as unhinged before, but that's just been me. On my own. No effort.

Me truly unhinged? Well, I personally have never seen it. But we're all about to. 

Reign managed to knock out three of Director Hayes' guards before he was detained which was pretty impressive and entertaining to watch, at the time, except now we're in a van with cuffs around my wrist and headed to some prison meant for murderers and criminals alike. 

"I don't compliment people often," Reign says in the van, "But Sasha and Elliot will have us out in under a day when they figure it out."

"And if they don't know? If Hayes said I ran off and joined you?" I raise a brow. 

"They're not idiots, they wouldn't believe that."

"They believed it when you left. I did. Wanna know why - because you literally did." I say simply with a shrug. 

"Are you still mad about that?"

"Just because you made me-"

Reign clears his throat, "People other than us here."

He's right. There's a female officer with a rifle seated with us in the back of the van. She doesn't really do much. Doesn't talk to us. Just meant to make sure we don't cause a ruckus. 

I start laughing. 

"What's funny?" Reign raises a brow.

I lift my cuffed wrists to my eyes and rub them quickly before looking to the officer, "Wanna know what would have happened if you guys came in even a minute earlier?"