8.2 ] An Acquired Taste

••●••

••●••

WE WERE ALWAYS aiming to turn in our evidence found on Director Hayes to his own boss. No questions asked. But now that we're all even more wounded from him? Ever since we found out he was having us kill innocent people, the lies he spewed, the things he hid and most recently the ignorance of ignoring Lincoln's obvious betrayal and the attempt at replacing us?

Death seems fitting. 

The issue, however, is that we have the rest of the workforce against us. The other teams, his security - surrounding peoples. After all, the numbers for the people that showed up at Check Up Day? That should speak for itself. 

We'll need to get to his boss first. Whoever that person may be - whether they're scarier than Director Hayes or hopefully more sensible. If we get to them - and get the go ahead - we can kill Director Hayes with out all his little minions coming for us next.

That's the plan.

Sure. Maybe some people won't come for us. A lot of the people that work here, surprisingly, aren't fighters or hitmen. That's mostly just the teams - at the top Y and X. But it's enough that would make it dangerous for us to handle ourselves. Enough people that know the tricks we do, because we all learned them at the same place. 

Margeux may have went on a rampage and killed eleven of The Victors (losers). But they weren't experience or born into it or built like anyone who works here is. Even Margeux wouldn't be able to. Psychopathy and bloodlust and all. 

"Never met the big boss before." Vika sighs, hands in my hair as she braids it. 

"None of us have," I shrug, "Do they even have a name?"

She shrugs, her hands shifting with the movement. I've found that Vika doesn't really talk about her feelings. She can...she just prefers not to. She's more of a physical touch person. She braids my hair, holds my hand, plays with my jacket whenever she can. And I think I prefer it that way anyway. The constant confirmation in her actions that yes, this insanely hot and terrifying woman is in fact attracted to me, and that yes, it's more than that. She likes me. 

Which is crazy. Because I've known her for so long and I didn't even know she liked girls. The biggest win of my life I'd say. 

"Who knows." Vika sighs, running a hand over the finished braids before shifting off of the bed and coming to sit down on the ground across from me. 

"I kind of hope they're scarier than Hayes." I hum, "Like...I hope that they beat him in that? So that even levels of most scary isn't something Hayes gets to die with."

"They might be another tyrant though." Vika points out. 

"Maybe." I bite my lip, "But then we'll just go for them next, huh?"

She bites back a smile, "Mmhm."

"We're invincible Vika." I grin, "Who's gonna stop us?"

"Oh, no one." She hums.