6.0 ] Gone (For Now)

••●••

••●••

THANKS TO SOME guy named Antonio, the plan went how it needed to. So we feel good. Great even. Minus the slowly deteriorating trust regarding who our loyalty lies with. 

Not me though. I think that much is clear. But even though my morals don't line up with everyone around me - I can still understand why they're upset. 

"Tell him we killed them all." Sasha tells Reign, "But still. At the same time tell him we know he lied."

Reign doesn't respond, just nods softly and puts his fists in his pockets. He does that a lot I've noticed. Puts his hands in his pockets. Wears hoodies. Like he's trying to hide himself. It took me a while to figure it out but I think...I think it's his way of hiding his emotion. Anger. Stress. Those kind of ones. 

"I'll come with." I decide. Because who are we to leave a son to go confront his father alone?

"Margeux, no offence, but you're a little chaotic and we don't need-"

"She can come." Reign interrupts Odyssey, hands moving through the fabric underneath his pockets. I think I'm the only one that notices. 

"Okay." Odyssey shrugs, "Just make sure she doesn't kill him."

I roll my eyes, "I'm not going to kill my boss."

I decide to ignore the rage I felt in my bones when I saw Reign's scars and how I was standing up to do exactly that. 

"Also - this isn't the time, I know - but come back in an hour because I got sushi." Sasha holds up her hand like a kid wanting to getting called on in class. 

We nod and leave the cafeteria shortly after. Because we couldn't use company funds to pay Antonio off - otherwise Director Hayes would question the amount of money taken out - we had to pay with our own. And by our own I mean Elliot and Sasha's because they're like loaded. Well their families are. Apparently they still had some inheritance leftover. 

"I think you should go in alone." I say to Reign as we walk down the halls.

"What? You just said-"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I hold my hands up quickly, "I'll just be waiting outside."

"Sure." He mutters.

"You'll act differently with him around." I shrug, "I think you should at least speak to him alone so you can get the points you want to out."

"I know my points. We talked about them three minutes ago."

"I mean including the ones that are more private. The ones a son would have with his father." I correct my previous words. 

He doesn't respond. Just huffs out a sound of agreement, but doesn't object. 

"And if you need me to come in," We finally stop outside Director Hayes' office, "You know I will."