6.9 ] Last Names

••●••

••●••

I WENT FROM wanting to kill Reign, to blowing off all my emotions surrounding him, to jumping at the opportunity to kill him anyway when it was presented to me. 

Given the whole Liam situation - I'm suspecting Team X won't be so happy when they find out I've killed him...so I'm just not going to tell them. Then again, I'm sure Odyssey would be glad. And anyone else still grieving that stupid Jeremiah kid I never met. 

God I hate Reign - but even now I wish he would just hurry up and tell the rest of the team the truth behind Jeremiah. If he doesn't before he's dead then I'll have to because I fucking hate that guy's memory being glorified. 

Director Hayes was right to send me. His reasoning made sense - and I'm the only one Reign wouldn't be entirely suspicious of. Still, he has hunches. Like Sasha said. And he's smart. So I guess today will be the day we see what wins. He intelligence, or my acting skills. 

He's never failed - apparently. But neither have I. Not yet. And I don't plan on it. 

I first heard about Antonio through Sasha. But everyone in Team X speaks highly of him. He's also my first guess as to where I'll find Reign. Or the direction of where Reign is. Which may be hard considering this guys is supposedly based off of loyalty and I've never met him - but there it is. He's never met me. It is very rare I'm outsmarted. 

Even by some famous smuggler. 

With his address in hand and a gun strapped behind my coat ready to be pounced by the other - I close the car door and take a deep breath (fun fact: I don't have my license, so later I might get fined when they find the plate of the car that ran like three red lights and hit seven curbs).

Antonio is an easy man to spot. He's known as - by description - big, tattooed, muscular. And man does he look the part. He towers over men in orange vests, workers, code word for smugglers. I keep my gloved hands in the pockets of my leather jacket when I walk over to him, a sense of carelessness to my aura and air. Already, right off the bat, this will make me seem serious. It's all apart of the body language. 

"Antonio?" I keep my tone even when I approach him. 

He turns around to face me, taking off his sunglasses as he looks me up and down (surprise, surprise) before winking and crossing his arms, "May I help you?"

"Looking for Reign Hayes." I say, making it simple.

He draws his eyebrows together, "Who?"

"Director Hayes' son." I don't fall for the act, instead playing it further. 

"Oh the smart one. I haven't seen him around. Where was the last place you saw him?" He sounds genuinely concerned. 

And I hate that look in his eye. Because the sensible terrifying persona I've put n right now? It's not one he will fall for. He probably deals with people like this all the time.