37. The Color Violet

"I gave my heart
Speedin' car goin' ninety in the rain
She took my heart, filled it with nothin' but pain
....
Oh, face in the daylight, wastin' time on the stars in the sky
She's got my pager, play games of love all on my eyes"

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 37

The buzz in my head is more than welcome. As the feeling of cold embraces me, I can't help but smile and turn to look at the person mostly responsible for my good mood.

-Thanks Cass, you were a wonderful plus one.- I can't remember the last time I felt so... Relaxed. It turns out, this wedding was one of the best I've been to. Nicole was so happy, we were all dancing, having fun. My speech was great if I could share my humble opinion, I even teared up near the end. They also had this booth, where you could leave a video message for the happy couple and they'll put it in a time capsule and watch it on their ten-year anniversary. Why ten years, I don't know but it's still cute.  

-I had a great time, even seeing Blake didn't spoil it for me.- Ah, Blake. We saw her around of course, and from time to time I would see her glancing at Cassian or at me, she would smile politely when our eyes met but that was it. She didn't try to approach me or Cass. Also, I think she looked a bit miserable, or maybe I'm reading too much into her behavior.

-Aww, of course, it didn't and it shouldn't. You know, I admire your determination. It's so great that you said "I'm done with it" and that's it! You are sticking to it. Good job.- I felt a shiver going through me, but I'm not sure I'm ready to go home. It's almost 2 a.m. and most of the guests already left. It's so cold now, but I like it. The chilly air is bringing some sense into me.

-You say it as if there is another option for me. It's a done deal. She chose someone and it isn't me.- If only I could think as Cass. If only I had a bit more determination in me. But noo. Nicholas called me three times already to see when am I coming back since he'll be at our spot. And I'm running to him like a bitch in heat. 

-What is it? You are rubbing that necklace which can only mean you are far away from here. What is it, hon?- I blinked a couple of times just to clear my head and I found Cass looking at my face with concern. I felt his touch on me and realized that he was rubbing his hands up and down my arms trying to keep me warm. That's so sweet of him...

-I'm okay...- 

-You sure? You are freezing and you seem a bit tipsy. Do you want me to take you home?- I shook my head at it and something came over me so I leaned into Cass and put my hands around him. He is warm and his body heat is siping into me making me feel all cozy.

-Seriously, thank you. I am grateful I have met you. You are a great guy, you deserve to be happy and find someone.- I almost didn't notice how stiff he got and how he didn't return my hug until he chuckled and relaxed. He actually put his hands around me.

-You are definitely drunk, and you're making me blush soo... I say it's time to get you home.- I can't believe how similar to me he can be. I know he feels the same as me but he's shy and awkward to voice his feelings. I kind of had a different opinion, that he's so open and put together but the more I know him, the more I can read him. He has his problems too, I guess we all have.

The moment is interrupted by the vibration of my cell phone and I got away from Cass to look through my purse. As I got my phone I noticed it is Nicholas who is calling me. Oh, I told him I'm on my way like an hour ago. Should I take this? Should I say I'm on my way or...

-What's wrong?- Again, Cassian's voice interrupted my thoughts and I showed him to be quiet while I answered the phone.

-Hello.-