11. You Get Away With It

"You get away
With making me want
To forever stay here in your space every day
You get away with it
You get away
With making me fawn, making me trip
'Gain and again, every day
You get away with it

Keep the red pourin' 'cause I know we're done
I'm all here for it, this buzz has just begun
You slid right under that yellow caution tape
And I never questioned a thing"

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 11: 𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖎𝖙

𝕀 eyed Nicholas carefully as we ate in silence. It's a rather awkward atmosphere and I can't wait to be on my own. Virginia didn't show for breakfast and I'm sure it's because of me, I mean, of course it's because of me but she deserved it. If she hadn't been such an attention whore I wouldn't have called her on it. That doesn't mean that I'm not mad about that whole incident. I wanted this trip to be amazing. I would have been charismatic and hardworking. Nicholas would have realized that, and even praise me for it by the end of the trip. 

-Miss Hamilton... I hope you went through everything I gave you.- Haven't we been through this? I'm not an idiot. 

-Yes Sir.- He nodded and we got back to our breakfast, eating in disturbing silence. I'm stabbing my pancakes as if they wronged me and Nicholas is eating painfully slow, casting glances at me every five seconds. Usually, I would be delighted but today he just annoys me. If Virginia was here this would have been a fucking breakfast party. It would have been craaaazy! 

Subconsciously I know I overreacted and it's bothering me. Nothing is going how I wanted it to go. As if sensing me getting lost in my thoughts Nicholas cleared his throat and I lifted my head to look at him. It looks like he's debating whether to say something or not. He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times.

-Yes Sir?- He almost winced at my tone and his eyebrows furrowed.

-I didn't say anything...- He said in a low tone, playing with his food.

-Mhm... Alright, if you say so, sir.- Nicholas cast me a glance and with a deep sigh, he shook his head in disapproval. Well, he had his chance to speak, now he can forever hold his peace. I think I had enough of this. I need to regain my mental stability before tonight's events. We will have dinner with board members of "OrCos". It's a pretty stupid name for a company if you ask me, but what do I know... I think the idea behind the name is Organic cosmetics or something like that. This reminds me, maybe I could learn a bit from them and improve my idea about natural ingredients in our company. Great, I can use that to my advantage. I will be like a sponge tonight, when we talk business I will engrave every word they say in my memory. 

-Will you excuse me, Sir? I need to go prepare for the meeting.- Nicholas furrows his brows, obviously not knowing what to think of my sudden energetic approach. Well, I am in a better mood now. Who cares about Virginia? I am here to do my job and learn. 

-Mhm... Yes, yes. Of course. Come by my room later to go through everything once more.- Seems like he thinks I'll mess this up. I can't blame him, I haven't been the most patient person but I'm learning. So with a warm smile, I nodded and left Nicholas looking after me.

*******

After I prepared for the meeting, which will take place at dinner, I made my way to Nicholas's room. With a sweaty hand, I knocked on his door waiting for his answer. As soon as I heard it I took a deep breath and entered. I've been alone with him before but now... It's somehow shameful for me to be so informally dressed and to go into a guy's room so late into the evening. My mother would have a stroke if she knew I'm on this trip with a man who's not my husband.