4. Let It Happen

"It's always around me, all this noise, but
Not nearly as loud as the voice saying
"Let it happen, let it happen"
(It's gonna feel so good)
"Just let it happen, let it happen"

All this running around
Tryin' to cover my shadow
A notion growing inside
Now all the others seem shallow"

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4: 𝕷𝖊𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖊𝖓

𝔹y the time the meeting was over, Mister Davis stormed out of the conference room. I wanted to talk to him after it but I think it won't be smart to chase him through the hallway. It seems there will be some better time for that. With a sigh, I made my exit until Maxton stopped me.

-Hey, just wanted to say that, am, you shouldn't feel down, you know? He was just in a bad mood, and it's been so long since we had anyone new. The manufacturing team has been like this for a while and we are all pretty comfortable with each other. So... Give it time and he'll warm up to you.- How long? Why should I wait for him to warm up to me? I came here to work, and I think my idea wasn't bad, he should have heard me out. It seems unprofessional to ignore me, and not even listen to me just because he's not comfortable with my presence or whatever. Either way, it's not Maxton's fault, he's trying to be friendly.

-Thank you, Maxton, I'm not feeling down it's okay. I understand, it was out-of-line behavior.- Of course, it wasn't but I don't need to spill everything to anyone. After all, I just met Maxton, I'm not sure if he's a great guy or just behaving like one. 

-Oh... That's good. At my first meeting I was so clumsy and at the end, I almost fell from my chair. I was so eager to get up and out of there so as I was standing up my chair fell back and I almost fell with it. Mister Davis even laughed. He tried to hide his smile with his hand but I'm pretty sure he was about to burst into a full-blown laugh. Anyway, I was mortified... But it passed. With time, I got comfortable and Mister Davis is a great boss, and he's very capable at his job. He is an admirable person, you'll see.- Maxton is smiling warmly, his eyes hidden behind glasses that are now lowered on his nose. His words almost made me feel better, almost. 

-Thank you, Maxton, it's nice that you're trying to lift my spirit. The difference between you and me is that he laughed at you and glared at me. I'm not sure the first impression you left was even a bad one. It was probably amusing or cute...- Maxton now blushed and adjusted his glasses.

-Oh come on, you can't think that making a fool out of yourself can ever be a good impression. At least you were professional and you just seemed blunt, on the other hand, I was clumsy and "cute". Trust me, no guy wants to be called "cute". - I can barely hide my smile from spreading. He IS so cute. He looks nice and even has some muscles, he's formally dressed but he has a boyish aura around him. Like he's young and carefree, and bashful. I can only explain it as cute, but it's not a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with being cute, this World is full of cocky guys who think they can do everything. 

-We can agree to disagree. Thank you either way, I'm glad I have one person on my side here.- He lowered his head and muttered "you're welcome" as we parted ways. I need to vent out about this meeting. Maybe I'll visit Virginia if she's even in her office. I don't like to gossip so I'll tone down my annoyance. With long strides, I got to her office and knocked a couple of times before entering.

The sight that greeted me is a little weird but maybe that's just my paranoia. Virginia is sitting on top of her desk with crossed legs and Arthur is sitting in front of her at the big leather chair. It would be a little weird how close they seem but even when I entered they didn't move or flinch. Their faces seem natural and Virginia gleamed as she noticed me.