10. Excuse My French

"I don't know what you must be on, you walked in like the Aga Khan. Did you fly in on a jet? Win a million-dollar bet? So let me get my good shoes on. I wanna follow in the same old steps where you waltz around like you're the best. Where your garden blooms in May but it's snowing every day 'cause you have everything you want.

  You must be the Houdini in my life, but you can't see, I could never be your wife.'Cause I'm still a lady. No, I'm not some witch that postponed your lines, I'm not on the best. You're Houdini in the state and boy I can't use a wretch. I know my words won't tell me, please excuse my French(Pardonnez moi)"

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 10: 𝕰𝖝𝖈𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖍

"𝕋he day" has finally come. My mood darkened from yesterday, the harsh conversation with Nicole still playing in my head. Yet another thing made my mood worse than before, and that "thing" is Virginia. Yap... Virginia Cox. We are currently on a plane to California, and when I say we I mean Nicholas, me, and Virginia. I don't even see the need for her here but she explained it reeeally well.

You see, Arthur wanted someone from his team to go too and Virginia volunteered. Before we boarded the plane, she winked at me and told me she "couldn't throw me to the wolves". I don't know why I'm so annoyed with the fact that she's going with us, in fact, I should be relieved. However, when I see her thick thighs and breasts basically spilling from her shirt I can't help but scoff. 

It's like I'm invisible. Virginia is laughing and cracking jokes, asking Nicholas some nonsense while he looks awfully amused by her. When I talk it takes him seconds to get annoyed, but now... Now, no matter what bullshit Virginia throws at him he is being absolutely charming. I don't know why am I even bothered, at least is not awkward and I don't need to be scared or nervous. 

With a sigh, I forced my eyes to look through the small window of the private airplane but my focus is still on Virginia's and Nicholas's conversation, not that they care if I participate or not. 

-...Oh and then he appeared and I didn't see him the whole night. He was nowhere, I looked around for him but it was like the ground swallowed him. What was I saying... Right. So he reappeared, but with a guy. Some blond, skinny guy, drunk out of his mind! I swear the guy could barely stand and he was crossed-eyed, with a huge smile on his face. And the highlight was as Arthur got to my table with that guy and he like, grabbed our attention only to introduce that guy with: " Hey, this is Scott, and he is from fucking Scotland"!- Virginia threw her head back and started laughing making a high pitch noise and Nicholas, to my surprise, chuckled with her. What the fuck is so funny about "Scott from fucking Scotland"? Beats me... 

-...Something wrong?- I almost jumped out of my seat noticing that the deep voice is directed at me. Nicholas's face looks amused and I couldn't help myself as my frown deepened. Why is he suddenly being so friendly and funny and talkative?

-Of course not, Sir...- I add the "Sir" but it sounded somewhat sarcastic even to my ears. Virginia raised her perfectly sculpted brow at me but I'm trying to ignore her. Actually, I'm trying to ignore both of them.

-Are we making you uncomfortable? Seams like Virginia and I got a bit carried away.- Nicholas's voice is hard but I saw a hint of a smile on his lips. Yeah, because Virginia is so funny and amusing.

-Absolutely not sir, I barely notice you.- Now Nicholas started laughing and my cheeks heated up. Leave it to me to make a fool out of myself. My words sound so lame. When Virginia's laughter joined I send her a frown. She made it seem like she's here for me and yet I don't feel that way. Not once have her words been directed at me. Not once!