22. In The Name Of Love

"If I told you this was only gonna hurt
If I warned you that the fire's gonna burn
Would you walk in?
Would you let me do it first?
Do it all in the name of love

Would you let me lead you even when you're blind?
In the darkness, in the middle of the night
In the silence, when there's no one by your side

Would you call in the name of love?"

-... With that in mind, I think we can create a stable organic product with as many natural compounds as possible. New marketing is necessary and we can create content for mature people with oily, combinational, or dry skin types. It can be sort of a new brand, with its own logo that represents both our company and "OrCos". Thank you for your attention! That would be all.- I wiped my sweaty hand looking around as people clap at my presentation. Pff... If I'm allowed to say, I think it went well. I was so nervous and sweaty but somehow I knew I got it. I've been having this idea for so long and when I realized what Nicholas had in mind for this presentation everything got together.

With a small smile, I looked around only to notice how many people are here today. There are people from marketing and from manufacturing since this is a completely new project and even some people from "OrCos". 

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Virginia. Things have been weird between us after that conversation and besides saying hello in the hallway we didn't converse much. Honestly, now I feel bad about it. I'm such a hypocrite, it's not like I'm any better than her. The only difference is that she's probably still Arthur's mistress and I don't have anything with Nicholas anymore. Well, it's not like I ever had anything with him, except that one night... Anyhow, I want to talk to Virginia but she's avoiding me.  I guess now will be the perfect time since she won't be able to get away from this crowd. 

With hurried footsteps, I got around to try and catch Virginia but someone grabbed my hand and I turned around only to notice Nicholas gazing at me with a small smile. His action immediately stopped me on my track and my heart started beating loudly at his expression. It's weird to see him so relaxed, yet a week ago he was anxious and angry with me. 

-Miss Hamilton... I would go as far as to say your presentation was perfect! You looked confident, did your research, and knew exactly where you were going with your speech. I knew it was the right choice to give you this job!- The smile on his face became wider and a weird blush spread on my cheeks and neck. I feel so giddy and shy hearing him compliment me. 

-Thank you, Sir. It must mean something, coming from you.- I uttered with complete honesty in my words holding his gaze. His eyes bore into mine and for a second I forgot what was I doing or where we are. It's so easy to get lost with him beside me. My eyes lingered on his face, taking notice of dark circles under his eyes and small wrinkles somehow more prominent than before.

-With all due respect, Sir, I think you should take a closer look at the products you represent. It's not a great image for someone who tells people how to look younger and refreshed to look the opposite of it.- I couldn't help but tease him a bit, with the good intention of course, since he is in such a good mood. Nicholas lifted his brow and I can see he is fighting back a smile that's threatening to appear. 

-Is that your witty way to say I don't look good?- He shook his head and pretended to cough into his fist but I can see a smile that finally broke out. 

-Carefully, Sir... We wouldn't want other people to know you can smile and joke around. They would think you are a real human, God forbid!- I said it in a whisper and Nicholas again coughed into his hand, hiding his laughter but I'm seeing right through it.