28. One Call Away

"I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

Call me, baby, if you need a friend
I just wanna give you love
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon
Reaching out to you, so take a chance"

The loud chatter all around me is buzzing through my head. I can hear a kid screaming in a distance, some woman giggling a couple of tables away from me and a man yelling on his phone somewhere close.

There is something about this atmosphere that makes you feel included, like you are a part of society. The air is a bit chilly, and I feel like, at this time of the year people are usually a bit rushed. Boston is lovely and alive, however, I feel like it's too "alive" since I can barely concentrate on holding a decent conversation. Cassian seems to feel similar judging by his fidgeting in his seat and constant glances around.

-Maybe this wasn't such a bright idea, would you care to go for a walk?- A small smile lit up on my face at Cassian's demeanor. I had some opinion formed of him from when we met but the more I'm around him the more it changes. At the club, he seemed confident enough and even a bit arrogant but that can't be further from the truth. He's rather shy and very polite except for occasional teasing. 

-That would actually be better, let's go.- Since we already paid our bill I put on my coat and we got out of the busy coffee shop to walk along the coast. Cassian reminds me of some character from a movie with his long black coat and dr. Martens. His long hair definitely compliments this look and I chuckled at my thoughts, catching his attention. 

-What? What's funny?- He is looking at me while squinting his eyes but he has an amused smile on his face.

-Oh nothing, you kind of look like you belong in a Matrix movie or something... Maybe if your coat was leather you could definitely go for a role, and you look like Keanu a bit.- Cassian beamed with a wide smile, scratching his neck uncomfortably.

-I must say I get that a lot, apparently my Asian origin helps too, oh, and my long hair. He is actually my favorite actor and I watched his movies a hundred times soo... I think any similarity is intentional I'm afraid.- I chuckled seeing what he was hinting at. Cassian is such a fan, it's cute. 

-Hm... Well, the look suits you at least so your fangirling may not be a bad thing.- Now he crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes playfully, oh, someone is cross with me. 

-It's not "fangirling" missy. It's a harmless admiration and appreciation of a good style.- 

-If you say so...- Now with Cassian nodding at my words we both fell into silence, continuing our walk. It's interesting that it's not as awkward as I would have thought. Cassian has that calming vibe and everything about him seems peaceful. Almost like a complete opposite to Nicholas's somewhat edger personality. While Nicholas always looks ready for action and present at the moment, Cassian is more of a dreamy soul. He often looks lost in thoughts. 

Fuck, my mind is always going towards Nicholas. It just sneaks up on me and I think about what he's doing, how is he spending his weekend? I didn't see or hear from him since that day in the office. Maybe I have expected him to ask me to meet up again or... It's silly, I know. 

-So... Are you okay?- I snapped from my thoughts and focused my attention on Cassian. I couldn't help but scoff at his question. Do I not look okay? 

-Is there something about me that screams "not okay"?- Unintentionally my voice sounded a bit snappy so I took a deep breath, noticing that Cassian is looking at me weirdly.