Chap. 32; B-23

Lauren was staring at Walt with a disgusted look on her face. While Walt was eating every bite off his tray full of food in mere seconds. There was no chance that he was breathing in betweenbites."You going to eat that?" Walt pointed to Lauren's slice of pizza.

"Yes." He raised his eyebrows at her."Just take it." Lauren slid it over to him. Walt ate the pizza in nearly two bites again with everyone staring at him.

"Discussing pig."

"What? What the fuck did I do this time?" Everyone else rolled there eyes as this fight between She looked over at Nancy and Jonathan's tray. "Hey Nance you gonna eat that applesauce."

"Yes. And I plan on finishing it." Lauren's shoulders dropped, accepting defeat even though she knew she was going to say no.

"Oh Nancy, I didn't need to know that." Her words cause a laugh to come from Walt; the only person she knew would think that was funny. Someone pulled up a chair to the head of the table sending confused looks and shrugs among all of them except Samantha.

"Hey Andy."

"Hey Samantha. Hi Lauren." Lauren was so confused she had no clue who this was or why he was sitting with them. Normally this far into the year everyone had unassigned assigned seats that people didn't usually stray from. Unless they broke up like Steve and Nancy or got together like Walt and Samantha.

"Hi." Lauren replied.

"So I'm just going to ask. Do you want to get dinner and go see that new John Hughes movie?"

"She has a boyfriend." Lauren said, grabbing Nancy's applesauce completely forgetting she had said no.

"I mean you. Lauren." Nancy grabbed it back when Lauren looked back over to the boy.

"Oh." She paused for a second, shocked, "Yeah, maybe can I think about it?" Lauren said. She hadn't been asked on a real date since freshman year.

"Yeah, let me know?" Lauren nodded as he walked away. The whole table looked over at her.

"What? He's not a freshman, is he?"

"No. I figure it'd take more convincing to get you on a date." Nancy said, leaning back in her seat.

"I mean, if people'd actually ask, I'd go."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I mean, if half the boys I've sleeped with asked me out, maybe it wouldn't have to be rumors." Lauren joked before standing up to throw away the trash from the food Walt asked.

"What does that even mean?" Jonathan asked the table.

"I don't know. She's been weird the past few months. Less bitchy forsure. I guarantee she would have said no two months ago." Walt said.

"Maybe it has something to do with her losing her virginity. I don't know because you're right she has been acting differently." Jonathan said in between bites of apples.

"Maybe she still feels guilty, Nance." Walt shrugged.

"I told her there's nothing to worry about. I don't care, it's not like we are still together." Lauren was walking back to the table.

"Guy's I'm going to library I have to write this stupid essay shit." She softly hit the table and went on her walk.

"I think she should go." Walt gave her a dirty look.

"I don't think she should go." Walt gave Nancy a dirty look.

"What, why?" Walt gave her a dirty look.

"I don't maybe someone like her more."

"This is the first guy to ask her out in how long? Shawn was her last boyfriend. That ended in August of our sophomore year."