Chap. 8; The Rightside-Up

A couple of days after leaving the hospital after the hard experience of seeing her mother, her dad did ket he miss a little school. She needed it due to both the pain of her leg after getting of morphine. And getting her brain set back from seeing the woman she hated more than anyone else. And the death of yet another person in her life.

Those days were spent crying from both emotional and physical pain when she was alone. Mainly emotional, Barbara, one of her best friends, was dead, and there was nothing they could have done to have stopped it.

When Nancy and Walt were over, they cried as a collective group, which didn't help. She hated seeing them in the same sad states she was horrible. Even though Walt didn't know she was gone gone he figured that could be the only explanation. He loved her differently than he loved Lauren and Nancy, and he knew her that she wouldn't leave without telling at least one of them. They were her best friends, she wouldn't just leave.

Walt helped her to as far as his class was before he handed Lauren her stuff back, receiving a small kiss. Then Lauren hobbled the rest of the way to her classroom, crutches under arms and books in hand. She set‐threw her book on the desk. Harry moved to help her and her stuff. "Jezz, what happened." She smiled at him, accepting her help.

"I feel, I'm fine, Harry." Lauren said as she was sitting down.

"Seeing as the project is due tomorrow, do you want to come over tonight?" Lauren looked at him, not having a single clue what he had been talking about.

"What project?" Harry rubbed the back of his neck.

"The one about exchange rates." He looked at her to see if that rang any bells, but it didn't. "I'm I can do it myself, I guess."

"What, no. I would never make you do it alone. I can come over. Is it like posterboard kimd of projects or a..."

"Yeah, like always." He smiled at her, a very genuine smile.

"Okay,"

"I have practice till six, so do you want to come over at like six-thrity?" He asked like he wasn't sure if she's say yes or no.

"Sure, umm, where exactly do you live, though?"

"I live right next to Nancy Wheeler."

"Really, I've never noticed you before."

"Yeah, I've noticed you with Nancy." Lauren nodded her head a little confused by what he said. "You should probably go to your sit down before Mr. Debeers loses his shit over there." She whispered, nodding over to the teacher with his arms across his chest and staring at the two. In fact, everyone was looking at them.

Steve leaned over from his seat. "Hey Hop,"

"Hey Harrington?"

"Make sure you use protection."

"What?"

"There would be nothing worse than a Galestpy-Hopper baby." Lauren reached her cased leg out, kicking him with it.

"Fuck off."

"Ouch bitch."

"Opps dick."

Lauren rang the doorbell dreading doing another project for economics, seeing as they have a new project every other week. Lauren was holding bags of new supplies and a poster board. The door opened up to a young boy where he walked away from the it, leaving it open for the girl to walk in. Lauren walked in awkwardly gripping everything she needed and her crunches.

"Harry, your girlfriend is here." The little kid yelled in an antagonistic voice, returning to the couch to watch TV. Harry ran down the stairs with wet hair. Lauren could tell the boy either was sweating like crazy at practice, or he had literally just got out of the shower.