38. Beauty of this World

A/N: So.... I have adjusted (completely redrawn) the design of the Herrscher of Fate in the last chapter. Somehow I wanted to go in a more mystical direction and hope you like the new version. Also, we now reached the peak of the story.

~Yuki POV~

After Kiana became the Herrscher of finality. We returned to St. Freya to temporarily say goodbye to the others. 

,,Is everything ready? It's time to go. As the professors have informed us... according to the observations made of the Cosmic Juggernaut, there will be a rare period of space stability fpr the next two hours. Considering the worst-case scenario, no matter where the power of Finality goes during this period, it will not affect the earth space we have recovered.'' explained Theresa. ,,...Alright, got it. We also hope... this is the last battle. We are prepared to bring the best ending for everyone in this world.'' nodded Kiana. Right....Fight for everything that is beautiful in this world, I thought smiling.  ,,The four of you together are more than enough against Kevin's strength. And Kevin, he... is probably waiting for you all. For a long period of time, and in the endless barrage of suffering, he's been waiting for our answer.'' said Fu Hua.

,,We will give a factual reply. Whether it's him, or those whose names have been buried in history... I hope that our answer will bring them a smile of relief.'' replied Mei serious. I knew immediately who Mei was referring to. Just the thought made me feel a little pain in my chest. No... now was really not the time. ,,Bronya Onee-chan, Kiana, Mei-san, Yuki-san... Please persevere.'' I smiled and tousled Seele's hair. ,,Don't worry, I'll take good care of the others.'' ,,Yes. It's up to you all to make it or break it!'' remarked Dr. Tesla, who was in quite high spirits. ,,Humanity's Destiny is in our hands now.'' addes Dr. Einstein. Oh boy, the pressure is really starting to build. ,,Please don't worry, Prof. We are not lone warriors. Outside of this battle, we are among billions of humans, a minuscule part of civilization.'' reassured Bronya. ,,But... We have inherited their most important treasures.'' said Kiana. ,,And also inherited their heavy and contradictory ideals.'' I added and turned to Bronya. ,,We will walk in their footsteps... And later... surpass the Finality.'' 

Kiana seemed to take a breath before turning to us. ,,Well then, shall we set off?'' ,,Mhm.'' we nodded. ,,Bronya will build the Stargate here, and transport us back to New Atra. And then, we will depart from there, find Kevin, and pull him off the throne of Finality.'' ,,And kick his butt.'' I added quietly. 

,,Wait!'' said someone suddenly. As we turned, an adult version of Ai-chan suddenly stood before us. ,,Huh?" I gasped. ,,Phew, looks like I made it in time.'' ,,You are...'' began Bronya wondering. ,,Ai Hyperion Λ, a being that lives in the Pseudotime Crystal. It is how I exist and the reason I am here. I have a gift I want to bring to you all. Would you accept it?'' she explained. ,,Seele mentioned you to us. But why...'' asked Bronya. Seele did? Well, maybe I wasn't there when it happend. ,,Why am I here so suddenly? Why choose to help you? Or... Why do I stand on the side of humans when I am obviouly similar to Dreamland? Honestly speaking, this is all due to my willfulness. I witnessed everything about you all in the Pseudotime Crystal, and saw all your pasts and futures.... well most of them'' explained Ai and looked briefly at me. ,,...Though this really is a sort of one-way feeling... Somehow or other, I have come to consider myself a partner of yours. So, with this story coming to an end, I want to join and be of help to you.'' 

After Ai gave us a key that would help us in battle, she disappeared and our little Ai-chan stood before us. She brought us aboard the Hyperion, which was called by the other Ai. ,,The bridge... It looks different than usual.'' Kiana noted. ,,You're right...'' I replied. ,,Since we were going to use the La Vita Nuova Hyperion for this expedition, of course Bronya had to make some necessary modifications. Including a new Selene main cannon.'' ,,So? Our core key really is compatible, right?'' said Ai-chan. ,,What exactly is a core key? It sounds like something to do with treasure.'' asked Mei. ,,Hehe, I can't just tell you about this source of power that comes from outside the world. I am not at liberty to tell you more.'' replied Ai-chan. I looked at the stars which were sparkling in front of me. ,,.. Outside the world, huh?'' I mumbled.