15. Exploring the Realm and Truths

A/N: Happy belated New Year, everyone 

~Yuki POV~

,,Why do I have to come again?" I asked with my arms crossed. ,,So that I have someone to watch my back," Mei answered as we walked through the realm again. ,,Why can't Felis do that? Just like you, I don't really know my way around here. If something were to happen, she would be the better choice," I objected. Mei said nothing and stopped. ,,What is it?" I asked, almost running into her. ,,Why do you always say that everyone is better than you?" Mei asked. ,,Because it's true," I answered, confused. ,,That's not true. You never seem to acknowledge your own strength," Mei explained, looking at me seriously. I said nothing and Mei seemed to realize that she was going a bit too far. ,,I'm sorry..." she said. ,,It's okay, you're right. I probably keep telling myself that because I keep hearing it from the Herrscher and from Schicksal HQ,'' I waved it off.

.

.

.

.

After a while we found Feli's shop and to our luck she was even there. ,,Hi, Mei onee-chan, Yuki onee-chan! It's good to see you again! What could interest you today?'' asked Felis who was pleased to see us. While Mei and Felis talked to each other, I eyed all the items in the Shop. Felis really had a lot of different things in her shop. Pictures, necklaces, flowers and different vases. It was really interesting to see these different items, because some reminded me of the other flame chasers. My thoughts came to a rapid stop as Felis' panicked voice called out. ,,Mei Onee-chan!'' ,,Felis, what's wrong?" I asked anxiously as I immediately came around the shop. ,,I don't know. Mei onee-chan picked up the pendant and fainted," Felis replied in a panic. I crouched down next to Mei and tried to grab the pendant, but Felis stopped me. ,,Don't! Who knows if you won't pass out too?" she said. ,,Ah... Right. But what are we going to do now? We can't just leave Mei lying here,'' I thought.

,,We should take her back to Lobby first, maybe Ellie Onee-chan knows a solution," Felis suggested. ,,Good idea. Still, I wonder what happened to Mei. She was fine a moment ago," I pondered. With Felis' help, we both brought Mei back to the lobby. Carefully I laid her down on the sofa. ,,Elysia doesn't seem to be here,'' I said. Felis seemed to notice that, too. ,,We'll just wait until Mei Onee-chan wakes up," she replied.

A little impatiently I sat on the sofa and waited for Mei to wake up. Felis, on the other hand, was pacing back and forth in the lobby. I would have liked to ask the ruler in me what could be going on, but she was still sleeping. 'If just the little bit of power she gave me is exhausting, I really wonder how strong the complete power would be...' I thought worried. ,,I'm back again... Was that a dream?" Mei murmured as she sat up next to me. Suddenly Felis jumped at Mei crying, as she had woken up again. ,,Felis, you're going to crush Mei," I laughed with relief as I pulled the girl away from Mei. ,,What happened?" Mei asked, looking at both of us. ,,You touched the pendant and fainted," I answered. ,,On top of that, we couldn't wake you up, so we brought you back," Felis added.

,,I'm sorry, I didn't mean to faint. But, uh... thank you for taking care of me," said Mei. ,,O-of course I would take care of you. You still haven't paid for the pendant," Felis replied and I had to suppress a giggle. "So that's what you were caring about..." muttered Mei. ,,Now that this is settled, can I finally catch up on my sleep? Otherwise I'll be the next one to faint," I started. ,,Of course. And thanks for backing me up," Mei replied. ,,No problem, even though I didn't do much," I waved off and walked towards my room. ,,Don't worry, I'll take care of Mei onee-chan," Felis called after me.

.

.

.

.

After getting the rest of the sleep I needed to function properly. It was time for me to train. Even though I like to help Mei and am grateful that she now involves me more in her matters, I must not miss my training. I took my bow and was closing the door to my room when Elysia appeared behind me. ,,Hi~ I heard that you and Mei found Natasha and made friends with Felis,'' she said. ,,Where.... Never mind, you probably have your resources. Did something happen?" I asked, since she had never been by my room to get me until now. ,,I wanted to get you for training and tell you that Mei wants to go to the deep end~" Elysia answered me with a smile.

After Elysia and I arrived at our usual training place, I got ready. But before that I was stopped by Elyisa. ,,Don't you want to help Mei?" asked Elysia. ,,Of course I want to... However, I still have the feeling that I am not ready. The Herrscher in me fell into a sleep after she gave me a little more access to my powers. That's why I can't ask her for advice. Mei would help me immediately, of course, but I don't want to burden her with my problems...'' I answered and looked at the ground. ,,Aww Yuki~ You can ask us too," Elyisa said and stepped in front of me. ,,I know that too, but I don't think everyone would help a Herrscher. Especially Kalpas... I think that as soon as I ask him for help, it would be my death sentence,'' I replied.

Suddenly Elysia started to grin which sent a shiver down my spine. ,,Shall I tell you a secret?" she asked me. Hesitantly I nodded. ,,I found out who saved you from Mobius," Elysia continued. Now I was completely confused, I had forgotten that I had somehow been taken away from Mobius. ,,And who was it?" I asked with interest, because I wanted to thank this person. ,,Well... It's someone you already know~'' Elysia replied, stalling for time to answer. ,,Oh come on, tell me!" I pleaded. Elysia giggled and drew her bow. ,,First the training then the treat," she said. Sighing, I also drew my bow and got ready.

The training this time seemed to go on much longer than usual. At a certain point I summoned my void lances and pointed them at Elysia, but this time she did something she had never done before. She shot an arrow into the air which became a crystal dome and arrows shot out of the walls destroying my lances. ,,That was really close, you almost got me~'' said Elysia playfully. ,,You didn't even give it your all. If you really wanted to win, you could have done it in half the time,'' I sighed. ,,That's true. Still, you've really improved. You wait more and think about your moves before you attack," Elysia explained, poking my forehead. ,,At least that's something... But now will you tell me who saved me?" I asked. ,,Of course. It was Kalpas," Elyisa answered.

,,Huh?" I gasped in disbelief. ,,Kalpas was the one who saved you. I asked Mobius and she even confirmed it. She even said that he got even angrier when he saw you unconscious. Who knows maybe he likes you~'' Elysia explained happily. ,,But why? He attacked me at the first opportunity. Besides, he can't stand Herrschers! That doesn't make sense!'' I muttered, overwhelmed. But then it occurred to me that he was not at all pleased when he told me what he thought of Kevin sending me here. ,,Should I ask Kalpas what he thinks of you?" asked Elyisa. ,,Absolutely not! I would like to live a little longer," I answered immediately and followed Elysia who was humming happily. ,,Why are you so cheerful?" I asked. ,,Oh, it has a special reason. Mei allowed me to touch her horns~'' she answered with a smile.

,,Wait... What?'' I asked.