7. Thunders over Nagazora

~Yuki POV~

As soon as Kiana and I went through the portal, we found ourselves surrounded by fragments of ruins. But before I could ask Kiana where we were, Kiana lost consciousness again. ,,Kiana!" I said worriedly and caught her. ,,Don't worry, she must be exhausted," the voice suddenly spoke up. ,,Then why does she have the pattern of the Honkai infection on her body?!" I asked, upset. ,,Calm down. She is a Herrscher and she will hold on until you find help," the voice replied calmly. ,,How am I supposed to find help? I don't even know where we are and if I should even move Kiana in her condition," said irritably, as the whole situation was getting too much. When the voice didn't say anything, I took off my jacket and carefully put it under Kiana's head so that she would be more comfortable.

,,I know where we are.... We are in Nagazora, the city where Kiana met Mei for the first time," the voice spoke hesitantly. ,,How do you know?" I asked suspiciously, looking around a bit. ,,When the Herrscher of the Void touched you, you felt something, right?" the voice asked. ,,Yes, I think I know what it was by now. It was the memories of the Herrscher itself,'' I answered. ,,That may be true, but I saw Kiana's memories," the voice explained. ,,So that's how you know where we are. But I find it strange that you know so much about Herrschers. And at the research lab, Kevin noticed you as soon as you spoke to me." I began.

,,What exactly are you trying to say?" the voice asked. ,,The more I thought about it, the weirder it got and what happened in the last months confirmed my suspicions even more. The Herrscher of the Void told me that I am special, suddenly I hear you talking to me, the Overseer also suddenly wants me back and Kevin could feel your presence as well. You were also there when the Herrscher took me, you forced my consciousness to sleep. By now I can guess what is going on. I am also a Herrscher....'' I explained and towards the end my voice trembled. To explain it is one thing, but to accept it is another. ,,Heh... I really should have been more careful. After all, you're not that little girl anymore. You are much more attentive than before.'' said the voice... No, the Herrscher bitterly. ,,Just answer me one thing, are you someone who fights for the Honkai or against it?" I asked seriously. ,,What a stupid question. Of course I'm against the Honkai after what it did to you," the Herrscher also answered seriously. ,,What it did to me? What do you mean?" I asked, confused. ,,You'll find out soon enough, it's too early now. Besides, your friend needs help," the Herrscher answered calmly again.

.

.

.

It has been a few days now since Kiana and I arrived in Nagazora. Kiana was still unconscious and the Honkai infection on her body was getting worse. I tried to find something to eat while walking around our place, but in vain. Besides, I fought against the Honkai beasts which came dangerously close from time to time. At the beginning it went quite well but the more days passed the more exhausted I got. The Herrscher had shown me a little trick how I could give Kiana a little comfort. I should concentrate on the Honkai in Kiana's body and absorb a little. Even though it was not much, Kiana seemed to feel a little better. Her breathing was not so heavy anymore.

After taking out Honkai beasts again, I dropped down on a rock and exhaled heavily. ,,I really hope that help will come soon.... I can't stand it much longer," I muttered. ,,That won't be your only worry," the Herrscher suddenly said. ,,What does that mean now?" I asked. ,,I'm afraid that the Herrscher in Kiana will awaken again. When you were asleep the other day, I examined Kiana with my consciousness to help her a little. Your friend has not only one core inside her, but three. No wonder the infection started. That would also explain why so many Honkai beasts are active or the water level in Nagazora is rising. If help really doesn't come soon, another Honkai outbreak will happen,'' the Herrscher explained. ,,Can we really do nothing?" I asked, shocked. ,,I'm afraid not, if you absorb too much of her honkai energy it could be harmful to you. You are not ready to accept the Herrscher powers," the Herrscher replied dejectedly. Suddenly it felt like someone was hugging me from behind. ,,I'm sorry Yuki...'' said the Herrscher. ,,It's okay.... At least you tried to help Kiana. Still, I won't give up.''