4. Arc City

~Yuki POV~

It had been a month since I arrived in Arc City. I wandered the dark streets hoping to find Kiana. Of course, I had tried to contact Theresa and Mei, but in vain. To avoid attracting attention, I used a feature of my battle suit that allowed me to change my clothes. While I was looking for Kiana, I killed Honkai beasts that were roaming around the city. Even though I was not sure that Kiana was still here, my feeling told me that she was here and very close. I could not imagine how she must feel. The fact that her footprints were in the sand at that time was confirmation enough that she was back to normal but still on the run. 

.

.

.

.

While I was thinking about the past events, I was fighting Honkai beasts again. Lately there were more and more of them. When I concentrated on the beasts in front of me, I became careless, which caused a Honkai beast to injure my leg with its lance. Hissing, I fell to my knees. ,,Damn it!'' I cursed. With my double pistols I tried to keep the Honkai beasts away from me as well as I could. Behind me, a shadow loomed over me and I sat in front of an Emperor Honkai Beast. Before I or the beast did anything a baseball bat flew into the face of the Honkai beast. ,,Eh?" I exclaimed in confusion. ,,You bastard, you won't hurt innocent people!" said a familiar voice. Then everything happened quickly and the remaining Honkai beasts were defeated. I wanted to get up so that Kiana could not run away again, but my leg would not allow it. 

,,Hey, are you al- Yuki-chan?" Kiana asked shocked. ,,It has been a while Kiana,'' I said calmly so as not to scare her, but the throbbing in my leg got worse and I hissed again. ,,Y-you're hurt!" said Kiana worriedly. ,,I'm alright,'' I waved her off, but Kiana insisted on helping me up. Kiana supported me while she led us into a secluded alley. ,,Are the others here too?" Kiana asked after a while. I could feel her fear. ,,No... I am here alone. A month ago I woke up on the beach just like you. Since then I've been following your tracks," I explained. 

,,Why were you on the beach too?" Kiana asked, confused. I wondered if I should tell her the truth or not. ,,It was the Herrscher, wasn't it?" she asked quietly, since I didn't answer. I could see guilt in her eyes. ,,Yes, it was her.... But please don't think anything wrong, the Herrscher took me away, but she didn't hurt me. It was rather the opposite... She showed a strange interest in me,'' I explained thoughtfully. Kiana looked at me speechlessly. ,,I'm sorry.... You probably think that I come from Schicksal like FuHua, don't you?" asked I suppressed my sadness. ,,How did you know?" asked Kiana. ,,When I snuck into Schicksal HQ to look for you, I heard the overseer talking about his plan. I always thought he was a nice person, but I was wrong," I answered.

,,I am really sorry that I could not protect you. I hope you don't hate me," I murmured and let my tears flow freely. But all Kiana did was hug me. ,,Even though I'm scared, I'm glad you're here. The last month has been lonely," Kiana said. Relieved, I put my arms around her as well. ,,Hey, you're wearing the jacket I gave you," Kiana started. Despite the tears, I laughed lightly. ,,Yes, I thought the jacket was less conspicuous than my battlesuit. Besides, it was about time I wore it," I replied.

.

.

.

.

-3 months later-