19. A 'little' problem

~Yuki POV~

I didn't know how long I had been in Kalpas' room, but it was better to leave because I didn't want to bother him any longer. However, this turned out to be a challenge. When Kalpas had put me back on the bed and I had calmed down a bit, the adrenaline seemed to leave my body and my body started shaking. 'Great...' I thought. My head also still hurt a bit from the memories, but I was glad to have learned something about my past. ,,Hey Kalpas...'' I began. ,,What?" he said annoyed. Apparently it didn't please him that I was still here. ,,Thank you for saving me again and bringing back some of my memories, even if unconsciously," I continued and tried to smile, which was not easy with the rest of my tears. 

I didn't expect an answer from Kalpas, so I got up at least I tried and went to the door. Just before I could open the door, my legs gave way. Behind me I heard an annoyed growl and was suddenly lifted up. But this time I was not thrown over his shoulder but was held in his arms. ,,W-What are you doing?!" I stuttered. ,,Taking you away. You can't even stand on your own two feet. You are really the weakest Herrscher I have ever met," Kalpas justified. My first thought was to hit him, but then I remembered that he had stopped me from striking him with my lances. So I sulkily crossed my arms and let myself be carried to the lobby.

Even though I had calmed down, the trembling of my body did not subside. 'I hope Mei or Elysia can help me...' I thought. Roughly I was let go again, after all I landed on the couch in the lobby. ,,Is it too much to ask to put me down normally?'' I asked. Kalpas made an amused noise and disappeared. ,,Well, honestly... I can't figure him out..." I mumbled. ,,Yuki-chan?" someone asked and I was suddenly hugged tightly. ,,Mei... I can't breathe..." I said. ,,I'm sorry. I'm just glad you're okay," Mei explained. ,,That's more what I should say. I really thought Kalpas was going to roast you alive," I joked, trying to lighten the mood. ,,Yuki-chan, have you been crying? Did Kalpas do something?" Mei asked me, wiping away the rest of my tears. I shook my head. ,,No... On the contrary, he helped me a little. Even if he didn't know himself. Through him I have a part of my memories again,'' I answered. 

,,So you remembered?" asked Mei. ,,Yes, that's why I cried, even if unconsciously.... My guess was right, that Honkai really destroyed my home, the orphanage. All my friends are gone... Why was only I lucky to survive?" I answered. ,,I don't know, Yuki-chan, but I'm glad you made it. Even if it's hard to go on now. What about the Herrscher?" said Mei. ,,She's still asleep. However, I think she will wake up soon. This reaction from my memories is impossible for her to ignore,'' I replied. Mei and I sat quietly in the lobby for a while until I broke the silence. ,,Hey Mei," I started. ,,Hmm?'' ,,Can I have a hug?" I continued. Mei smiled. ,,Of course.'' ,,Thanks.'' I said and hugged her. 

After Mei let go of me, I thought of something. ,,Hey Mei, would it be okay if I leave the Elysian Realm for a day or two?" I asked. ,,Where do you want to go?" Mei asked back. ,,Raven came to my room a few days ago and asked me if I wanted to go on a mission with her. Maybe it would do me good to have a change of scenery,'' I explained. ,,Are you sure? You collapsed twice in pain in a short time," Mei objected. ,,That's why, for whatever reason, my memories are triggered here. Maybe if I leave the Elysian Realm for a while, I'll feel better," I said, staring at the ceiling. ,,Okay, but please stay close to Raven," Mei gave in. ,,Deal and you stop getting yourself into trouble. If something happens to you, Kiana will kill me," I said seriously and Mei laughed a little. 

Turns out, I shouldn't have gone....

.

.

.

.

-2 Days later-

~Narrator POV~

Elysia and Eden sat in the lobby talking until footsteps came from the stairs leading to the exit of the Elysian Realm. Ah Raven-san, how was the mission?" asked Eden with her wine glass in hand. ,,It went well so far. Yuki saved us," Raven answered and sighed. ,,Where is Yuki? Did something happen to her?" asked Elysia who looked around for Yuki. ,,You could say that... The mission was a trap. Someone knew that Yuki was here at World Serpent and wanted to lure her out. She realized it was a trap and used her Herrscher powers to their limit to protect me and the others,'' Raven explained and her gaze seemed to darken. ,,But who would be after Yuki? She is such a sweet girl," Elysia thought.

,,Unfortunately, I can't say that either. But the place where we were could be a clue," Raven began. ,,Where were you supposed to go?" Eden asked worried. ,,The place we were supposed to go was a ruined orphanage. The ruins didn't seem to have changed, but strangely enough there was a whole research station under the orphanage. If I remember correctly, Yuki said that the overseer of Schicksal found out that her Herrscher core is artificial. Considering that, I think the orphanage has something to do with it,'' Raven continued. ,,Where is Yuki now?" asked Elysia. ,,Um... Well...  technically she's here,'' Raven started at a loss for words, and a little girl appeared from behind her cloak.

Anxious, the little girl hid a little behind Raven's legs. ,,Is that Yuki?" the two flame chasers asked in surprise. ,,Yes, it seems that is a side effect of using her Herrscher powers. Earlier, I had brought her to the infirmary so that Jackal could examine her. It seems that in the brief moment when we weren't looking, the Herrscher took possession of her and wrote a message. But it would be better if Mei got the message. I hope Mei doesn't kill me,'' Raven explained. ,,Don't worry, I don't think she will," Elysia joked. ,,Can you take care of Yuki until then? I have another mission to do," said Raven. ,,Of course," Eden replied with a smile. Excited, Elysia crouched down and opened her arms. ,,The two of them won't hurt you," Raven said to the little white-haired girl. Hesitantly, Yuki came out and went to Elysia. ,,Aww you are so cute~''

Only now Eden and Elysia noticed that Yuki's hair was completely disheveled and she was wearing only a big gray T-shirt. ,,Wh-Who are you?" Yuki asked shyly. The two women were not used to seeing her so shy. ,,I am Elysia and this is Eden. We and the others will take care of you," Elysia answered with a gentle smile. Understanding, Yuki nodded and was lifted up by Elysia. ,,But first we should take care of your clothes. In that T-shirt and bare feet, you'll get cold quickly," Eden said. ,,Okay," Yuki answered quietly before her eyes stopped on Elysia's ears. ,,Are you a fairy?" she asked curiously. ,,Maybe~'' Elysia replied jokingly. 

.

.

.

.

After the two women took Yuki to Eden's dressing room and gave her new clothes and made her hair neat, they went back to the lobby hoping Mei was there. ,,Where are the others?" the white-haired girl asked curiously as she held Elysia's hand. ,,The others are often away and only come here from time to time. But I'm sure if they see you, they will stay," Elysia answered. 

When Elysia noticed that Mei was coming back she was the first to get up to stop her. ,,Hi Mei~'' Elyisa started cheerfully as usual. But Mei noticed that something was wrong, because Elysia unconsciously looked to the side more often. ,,Elysia is something wrong?" asked Mei suspiciously. ,,Ehehe... Well Yuki came back today...'' laughed Elyisa nervously. ,,Elysia," Mei started seriously and crossed her arms. ,,Did something happen to Yuki-chan?" continued Mei. ,,More or less.... But she's fine so far." replied Elysia. ,,What do you mean, more or less?" asked Mei. Nervously, Elysia moved to the side and Mei saw a little girl with braids staring at her curiously.

,,What happened to Yuki-chan?" Mei asked in shock. Elysia explained to Mei what had happened and Mei seemed to understand. ,,I told Yuki-chan to be careful," Mei sighed. ,,You can't be angry with her, she only wanted to protect Raven-san and the others. Besides, she's fine, despite the little side effect," Eden laughed. ,,Who is the pretty lady?" asked Yuki, pointing at Mei. ,,That's Mei-san," Eden answered. ,,Oh, before I forget, the Herrscher left a message," said Elysia, holding a note in her hand. Mei opened the message and read it.

Dear Herrscher of Thunder and Flame chasers,

even though it is strange that I am contacting you like this, I would like to ask you to pay close attention to Yuki. I know you have no reason to do so, especially because Yuki had to suffer so much pain because of me. However, I want you to know that I only wanted to protect Yuki from the bad events of her past. That's why I want to apologize to you and thank you for being there for her. If all goes well, Yuki should be back to normal within a week, but you should be really careful because Yuki has a habit of disappearing very quickly and quietly as a child.

,,Oh~ That means the Herrscher only wanted to protect Yuki,'' Elysia said, touched. ,,I guess so, we should let the others know so that they can keep an eye on Yuki as well. For a child, the Elysian Realm can be quite dangerous," Eden suggested. ,,Where is Yuki-chan?" Mei asked when she noticed the empty spot on the couch. ,,Wow, the Herrscher really didn't underestimate, Yuki can really disappear quietly.'' said Elysia. Mei was worried not only about the Honkai beasts and mechs in the realm, but also about Aponia. Mei had deliberately kept Yuki away from Aponia.