22. Elysium Everlasting

~Yuki POV~

Hours must have passed when the door of my room finally opened. ,,Yuki, are you okay? You haven't come to the lobby yet," Eden spoke and I was grateful that it was no one else. ,,It's hard to go when you don't have any clothes," I said. ,,Oh... You're an adult again," Eden remarked. I nodded, humming. ,,Wait here, I'll bring you your clothes,'' Eden said and disappeared again. While Eden was gone for a moment, I remembered that I could have used my bracelet for my battlesuit. But it was not there. ,,Weird...'' I mumbled.

When Eden came back and gave me the clothes, she also told me that we were going to the deep end, since Mei had finally reached it. She left the room to give me time to get dressed. While I was getting dressed, the worries about Mei came back to me all the time. ,,Calm down, Mei will be fine. Worry more about how you're going to thank the others for taking care of you," Kasane suddenly said. Grumbling, I nodded. When I arrived in the lobby, I saw that Eden had been waiting for me as promised. ,,The new battle suit suits you, Yuki-san," Eden said. ,,Thank you... Wait, battlesuit? But from where?" I asked, confused. ,,To be honest, it was Mei-san's request. She said she wanted a new battle suit for you, since you don't use your old one anymore due to personal reasons. Ellie and I picked out the clothes and Vill-V did the rest,'' Eden explained with a smile as she saw me eyeing the battle suit.

 Ellie and I picked out the clothes and Vill-V did the rest,'' Eden explained with a smile as she saw me eyeing the battle suit

,,Thank you Eden. I really have to thank you,'' I said. ,,It was no problem. Now come on, Mei-san and Ellie must be waiting," Eden waved off. ,,Is it really okay to go to the deep end? I thought it was very dangerous there,'' I asked while following Eden. ,,Don't worry, we'll go to the deepest part, it's safer there. Besides, the others are there too, so nothing will happen," Eden answered. A little uneasy I nodded, that meant Mobius and Aponia would be there too. 

.

.

.

.

When Eden and I arrived in the deepest end, I couldn't believe my eyes. It looked as if we had arrived in a city... Even though it was a bit too pink for me personally, it was still beautiful here. ,,Woah~'' I gasped, which made Eden laugh. ,,You don't see this every day, right?" asked Eden. ,,I think so," I said. ,,If you want, you can look around," Eden suggested. ,,Are you sure? Aren't these places from Elysia's memories?'' ,,So you recognized it too," Eden said. ,,Well... Not quite. I've noticed that some places in the realm match one of you. And since there's so much pink here, it wasn't really hard to guess,'' I explained, rubbing my head sheepishly. ,,You were really paying attention. If you don't want to go alone, you're welcome to come with me," Eden laughed. ,,I would love to,'' I agreed and followed the singer.

The more I saw of this place the more I liked it here. There were pretty flowers everywhere and a peaceful atmosphere made it even better. In the distance, I even noticed posters of Eden and Vill-V. Eden's was for cosmetics and Vill-V's was for a magic show. After a while we arrived at the area where there was a small park with a pavilion. Eden stopped at the fence and I looked out at the sea. 'Unbelievable that all this is just a simulation...' I thought. 

Only when I heard Mei's voice did I avert my gaze from the beautiful view. It seemed Mei hadn't noticed me yet, so I took the chance to do something I would never do otherwise. Quietly I went to the two. ,,Hi~ Did you miss me?" I asked. ,,Yuki-chan!" Mei flinched. ,,Ah, I forgot to tell you. Yuki-san is back to normal. I brought her here so you wouldn't have to go all the way back again,'' Eden said. ,,Thank you Eden. How are you Yuki-chan?'' ,,So far, so good. Only I can't remember anything that happened last week. The Herrscher.. I mean, Kasane just told me that you all took care of me,'' I explained awkwardly. ,,So you found a name for the Herrscher?" asked Mei. ,,Not quite. It seems I knew her back in the orphanage, but we both forgot,'' I replied.

,,Well... if you'll excuse me, I have to go now. I want to visit another good friend of mine," Eden said and smiled. ,,No problem and thanks for bringing me here,'' I waved goodbye. ,,I understand. And thank you for telling me all this, Eden." nodded Mei. After Eden left, Mei turned to me. ,,Do you know where we are?" Mei asked. ,,Of course I do. This is the place of Elysia's memories. I've already found out that much," she replied. ,,Do you know that Elysia is the 13th Herrscher?'' ,,What?" I gasped when I heard this. Mei explained to me that after she fought Aponia, she met Elysia and introduced herself as the 13th Herrscher. ,,I never thought that Elysia was a Herrscher," I muttered in shock.

.

.

.

.

After Mei had brought me so far up to date, we went further through the city. It was incredible how detailed the whole environment and posters were. In the distance you could even see a Ferris wheel. ,,As if there is even an amusement park here..." I muttered excited. We met Vill-V and shortly after we could hear Felis screaming. ,,Is there anyone here? Please help me?" she screamed. When we reached Felis, I had to stifle my laughter. She was stuck in a chest.

,,Pardo?" asked Mei, confused

,,Pardo?" asked Mei, confused. ,,Mei Onee-chan? Yuki Onee-chan? Quick, help me!" said Felis when she noticed us. Mei and I stared at her wordlessly. ,,Don't just stand there and watch! Help me!" she said again. ,,I just don't understand how someone can get stuck in a treasure chest like you...'' Mei said after a while. ,,Adventure opens treasure chests! And once the box is open you have to see what's inside!'' Felis explained and I turned away so she wouldn't see that I was laughing. ,,Yup, that's the perfect trap for you... I guess curiosity really killed the cat, I'll keep that in mind.'' said Mei with her arms crossed. ,,Please help me out." cried Felis. Mei drew her blade and nodded at me. Carefully, Mei used her blade to open the box further while I pulled Felis out. 

,,Phew... phew..." Felis breathed heavily before she suddenly hugged me. ,,Thank you Yuki Onee-chan! Huh? You're big again...'' said Felis. ,,You were slow to notice,'' I smiled. After that Felis talked about her treasures and showed us around. To my surprise, even enemies appeared here in the residential area. One of the monsters had a strange coloring and also seemed to have a whole different aura. Something told me that something was wrong. 

It also seemed that Mei noticed that there was something different about this monster. Nevertheless, we continued with Felis for the time being. It would be better that I first memorize the place before I go alone. Of course, I wanted to learn more about the flame chasers like Mei, but it would be better to watch her back. After all, I promised someone to take care of Mei...