3. Memories

~Yuki POV~

After the exams and Kiana's strange behavior, we had been given a new mission. We had to go to New Zealand and find the Gem of Desire. Of course, I knew that this gem had to do with a Herrscher. That was one of the first things the overseer taught me. In New Zealand we found a girl named Wendy, who was the bearer of the Gem of Desire. But this mission went wrong and I had to learn that I was far from being strong enough as I thought. Wendy had lost control and became a Herrscher.

It was my first fight against a Herrscher and if I had been alone I would have lost by a long shot. Kiana, Bronya, Mei and I managed to exhaust Wendy, but before the final blow we were attacked by mechs. Everything happened so fast. Bronya seemed to behave strangely like on the ship. And she listened to the strange woman's voice, which spoke to us over the unknown comms. Bronya attacked us, but this time we lost because we were exhausted from the fight with Wendy. The mechs and Bronya took Wendy and Bronya and left us behind.

With heavy hearts, Kiana and I had to go back to St. Freya where we worked out a rescue plan with the help of Miss Himeko and Miss Theresa. Kiana had retired to her room after dinner. Meanwhile, I sat outside on a bench and stared at the night sky.

,,Why are you sitting here all alone?" someone suddenly asked behind me. ,,Miss Himeko! I-I just wanted to get some fresh air," I answered nervously. Miss Himeko said nothing and sat down next to me. ,,I can see that something is bothering you, so tell me. And just call me Himeko," she started. ,,I.... I'm worried about Mei and Bronya. When we were attacked, I couldn't do anything. And.... that frustrates me.... Maybe it's because I'm so weak that the overseer wouldn't let me go," I explained, drooping my head.

,,You are not weak. Since your first day you give everything you have and try to help your team. Nobody could see that you were surprised by the Anti Entropy before. Even though Mei and Bronya were taken away, you and Kiana didn't give up. So cheer up, after all, you are one of my fairies~'' Himeko objected and pulled me close to her. ,,Thank you.... Himeko.''

.

.

After we had a rescue plan we made our way to the Anti Entropy base. With the help of Miss Theresa and Himeko, Kiana and I managed to rescue Mei and Bronya. But Bronya was badly injured and we found out that this woman, who turned out to be Bronya's adoptive mother, had killed Wendy. She had killed an innocent girl for a Herrscher core.... 

When we got back to St. Freya, Bronya was immediately taken to doctors. Before we followed, Kiana fell into Mei's arms and cried with relief. I stayed in the background, not wanting to ruin the moment. But Kiana grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into the embrace as well. 

After the group cuddle we went to the sick room to check on Bronya. But unfortunately the doctors didn't know what was wrong either. ,,I'll go ask Auntie Theresa, maybe she knows something," Kiana said and ran away. ,,I'm sorry...'' Mei said suddenly. I looked at her questioningly. ,,... I just let myself be kidnapped like that and made you worry,'' she continued. I just shook my head. ,,It's not your fault. We were taken by surprise. I'm just glad you're okay. Kiana was also very worried and didn't want to eat anything. But when I told her that you wouldn't like it, she gave in. I am almost jealous of your friendship,'' I explained. ,,But Yuki-chan...'' ,,It's okay, Mei, it's just the loneliness I experienced at Schicksal HQ that came through,'' I waved her off.

Even though I calmed Mei down a bit, I could feel that something was still bothering her. ,,Could it be that you are afraid because you are a Herrscher? And we had to fight against one?" I asked and Mei flinched. ,,If it makes you feel better, I don't care that you are one and I'm glad that we saved you in time. Even if I feel bad because we couldn't save Wendy," I continued and took Mei's hands. ,,Thank you, Yuki-chan,'' Mei said, wiping away the tears that had formed in her eyes.