37. Toward a New Tomorrow

A/N: I just realized that we are nearing the end of the story.... Wow, how time flies. I truly thank you for all the support <3 I also adjusted the character info in chapter 1.

~Yuki POV~

When Mei and I left the land of origin, we walked again through the abandoned station where we had met Raven. ,,Do you think Raven is all right?" I asked. ,,I'm sure she is. She is not someone who is careless," Mei answered. ,,I hope you're right.''

After we left the station we were back at the place where we parted from Kiana and Bronya. But Mei and I were alone. ,,It seems Bronya-chan was right. We've been going down a one-way road... So when we tried to go back the way we came, we entered a completely different path...'' said Mei. ,,So.... What do we do now? Should I use my Void Powers?'' ,,No, not yet. Save your strength Yuki-chan. Maybe we'll make it without it,'' Mei said and drew her katana as enemies appeared. I, on the other hand, drew my bow and aimed at the enemy further away. As soon as I released the arrow, it shot forward like a shooting star and hit the enemy, not leaving him. ,,Okay.... That might have been a little too strong...'' I muttered.  

It was always amazing how many enemies followed after we defeated the current ones. As if they were endless. At least I didn't seem to be the only one who had some problems with her new powers. Mei had the same problem, even though she got it under control relatively quickly. With her last blow, Mei defeated the last standing enemy and even cut a crack in the room. ,,Wow....'' I gasped. ,,As expected, if a certain number of threads are shaken, the net will shake with them to reveal it's weakspot. Let's see what's hiding behind this crack.'' said Mei and I followed her. When Mei and I stepped out of the crack, Kiana and Bronya were standing in front of us.

,,Mei-Senpai! Yuki!!''
,,Mei Nee-san, Yuki Nee-san!''

,,Haha... Looks like I was correct.'' said Mei with a smile. ,,Kiana-chan, Bronya-chan, you two sensed that power too, like I'd thought.'' That was the reason why Mei didn't let me use my Void powers. She, and I a short time later, had sensed a strange power and just hoped that Kiana and Bronya would go there as well. ,,That power? So that wasn't you? Bronya and I thought that was the power of Origin... Wait Yuki, what happend to you?'' said Kiana, after she noticed my new appearance. ,,Well, Mei is not the only one with an upgrade. Herrscher of Fate, is at your service,'' I replied proudly. ,,Anyway, now that everyone is here, let's take stock of the situation.'' Bronya began. ,,So Mei-Senpai is...'' ,,The Herrscher of Thunder and the Herrscher of Origin... But it's only just a different name.'' she replied. ,,I still need time to work on my understanding of the authority of Origin. As for this feeling of being able to sever anything... It should just be a bonus from the authority of Origin. Unfortunately, I'm unable to obtain more information about the Herrscher of Finality and Cocoon.'' ,,Same for me, but... somehow i have the feeling that we are close.'' i added.

,,That's alright, it's within the doctor's expectations. Let's move our focus back to the Situation at hand. Mei Nee-san, if that force you mentioned earlier isn't the authority of Origin, then Bronya thinks it's very likely to be linked to the anomaly the Principal spoke of.'' said Bronya. 

,,Anomaly?''

.

.

.

.

After Bronya had explained to us what the anomalies were all about. Shortly after, Kiana was contacted by the doctors. ,,Hello? Hello? Do you hear me? Little ones on hold?''Senti's familiar voice spoke. ,,Senti!'' Kiana and I said joyfully. ,,Shh, not so loud. My head hurts.'' ,,Sorry. Are you alright?'' asked Kiana. ,,What could possibly happen to me? Alright, it's time to get to the real business. Get ready!'' ,,Don't tell me...'' Bronya began. ,,Yeah. You guys have already decided which one of you should step forward, right? Ne delays. We don't have much time.'' It was immediately clear to all of us what Senti meant. Her group and the doctors have finally found the cocoon of finality.