36. Fate of the Origin

A/N: I got carried away in this Chapter. Enjoy the long Chapter...

~Yuki POV~

I knew how much time had passed, but Mei and I had gotten company. A familiar face had found her way to us.

,,...What are you trying to say?'' asked Mei, holding her Katana ready to strike. ,,You're really an impatient one. Does this topic bore you, er do I bore you?'' Raven replied relaxed. ,,...Alright, then let's talk about this topic of yours. So after all your learning, you choose to trick children into going to the moon?'' Mei sighed. ,,It's better than trying to mix in with you guys one-sidedly. They were not thrown into a false dream. As precious new humans, they were promised the world. For a long period of time, because I wasn't responsible enough, they could only rely an each other to survive. ...That won't be the case anymore. No matter who wins between you guys and the World Serpent.'' ,,Raven... Have you ever said all these to the children?'' I asked calm.  

,,Why would I, that would be contradictory. To some of them, the day might eventually come... But I don't want to teach them those unnecessary survival skills myself. Of course... Even if they do learn, I hope they'll never have to use them.'' ,,...In the end, you don't approve of Project Stigma either.'' Mei said. ,,But to go along with it is my best solution.'' ,,So you'll continue to abstruct us, as their protector?'' Mei asked. ,,Don't be so hostile. I'm a cadre for the World Serpent after all. And... Before Project Stigma began, the World Serpent kept those children fed and clothed. After the Project began, the World Serpent gave those children a brand new world. If it were you, how would you choose?'' Raven smiled. 

,,Don't missunderstand-- I'm not throwing a tantrum about how ''you don't understand''. I just wanted to emphasize that we lead very different lives. You two were simply a passer-by in the darkness, you've always belonged to the light. So... do what you will. The World Serpent didn't order me to persuade every opponent of mine.'' Raven added. ,,Then... why did you appear before us? Here of all places too.'' Mei asked. ,,It was just a coincidence.''

.

.

.

.

Although Raven had said that she was not sent to stop us. She was fighting Mei at the time. This time, however, it was not Mei who asked me to stay out of it, but Raven. At first I didn't understand, but while they were fighting I realized that this was not a serious fight. It was more.... like a friendly fight.

,,I've said it before, you're no match against me.'' said Mei after she had won. ,,Heh, at least nobody's pinned down this time, I've had enough of that. Three wins to one. I hope I still have a chance to turn the tables. Maybe I'll fight against Yuki next time.'' smirked Raven. ,,Hey, don't drag me into your fights!'' I protested. ,,...Leave.'' Raven continued. ,,I still don't understand. Why did you come to see us?'' Mei asked. ,,Like I said, it's a coincidence. Although one can take advantage of coincidences too. Too me, I really just wanted to have a chat with you. Humans are like that, they think that they are only hiding their thoughts; but when they want to spill, they'd realize that there's no one to listen.'' Raven explained. ,,How about... coming with us?'' I suggested. ,,...Oh? Forget it, you're going to save the world. That's something only younglings are willing to do, and something only they can do. I'm probably too old for that-- I'll just wait for the world to save itself. If you really care, speak for me in your future to get me out of prison.'' ,,Raven...'' I mumbled.

,,And... it's about time.'' 

,,Time?'' Mei and I asked confused. ,,Oh, I forgot to remind you. Sometimes... physical lethargy makes you mentally weak as well.'' ,,Raven, you...'' I started, but my Body felt suddenly so heavy. I felt like I was about to faint again...