18. Old Memories

A/N: Since today is my birthday (yes on Valentine's Day, Elysia would be proud). I have again a longer chapter for you. Have fun :)

~Yuki POV~

After my collapse, Mei had brought me back to my room. She told me to rest again. Of course I was against it, but I didn't want to cause her more worries. Even though I couldn't fall asleep right away, I stared at the ceiling and thought. I always wanted to have my memories back, because I always wanted to know where I came from. But I never really had the opportunity to really think about it. Now I was not so sure if I wanted to have my memories back....

.

.

.

.

When I woke up I felt a little better, but still a little dizzy. Just as I sat up, there was a knock at my door. ,,Yes?" I said. ,,Hey kid, how are you?" Raven asked me to my surprise. ,,So far, quite well. What are you doing here?" I answered. ,,Actually, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go on a mission for a change. Last time Mei wanted you to stay here. But you seem to be busy,'' Raven explained. ,,I would like to go on a mission with you. But does it still have some time?' I asked. ,,Of course. See you later, kid," Raven nodded and disappeared again. ,,The nickname is new...'' I mumbled.

Just as I arrived in the lobby, I saw Griseo and Kosma leaving. ,,Did I miss anything?" I asked Mei. ,,No, you didn't... How are you feeling Yuki-chan?" Mei answered. ,,Better. So what are we doing today?" I asked. Mei explained to me that she intends to go into the deep end again and this time to enter even further. In addition, Aponia had again taken up contact with her. Since I had hardly contact with other flame chasers except Elysia, Eden, Su and yes also Kalpas Mei informed me about the things she could get to know. The memories of the others seemed to be quite complicated, but nevertheless there was a connection between all of them. Suddenly loud noises started coming from the direction of the stairs. ,,Mei? Yuki? You're back!" said Elysia loudly. ,,What is that noise?" Mei also asked loudly. ,,Huh? What? Did you compliment my beauty? I'm flattered, but you don't need to bring it up,'' Elyisa replied. Shaking my head, I stood between the two. Mei sighed beside me and stepped closer to Elysia to remove her hands from her ears. ,,I asked what that sound was," Mei asked again. ,,Oh... So aggressive all of a sudden.'' joked Elyisa. ,,That sound... Is Vill-V! This was originally a workshop, but she felt it was too tight, so she closed it,'' Elyisa continued. 

,,Vill-V... what should we expect?" I asked. ,,It depends on what she has prepared. No matter what role, she always looks to surprise someone. She made a mess of the Elysian Realm before... but you better check yourselves to make sure. Unless it has a soft touch like Klein, I'm not interested,'' Elysia replied. ,,Roles... How many personalities does it have? It must have taken her a while to appear in the Elysian Realm," Mei said. ,,Personalities? Mei, what do you say? ...I know Vill-V is hyperbolic again, right?" asked Elysia. ,,Huh?" exclaimed Mei and me. ,,When she first reported to the MOTHs, she claimed to be able to imprison the minds of others inside her. The MOTHs believed her, and conducted many studies... when the truth came out, Mobius threw a fit. Vill-V's power is actually quite simple. She can split her mind in two. It's not even multiple personalties, really. But Vill-V has a habit of categorically seperating what she knows, so that might be why you believed her, right?'' explained Elysia.

,,...I still take any Flame-Chaser I just met with a pinch of salt.'' said Mei calm. ,,It's nothing. In a way, you could call ''her'' ''they''... I'm quite envious of that. I'm not sure if they communicate with one another, but if they can, they'll never be lonely, right? Well... I never really feel lonely myself anyway~'' Elysia continued. 

.

.

After talking with Elysia, Mei briefly went to Vill-V's workshop while I stayed in the lobby. I pulled my small notebook out of my pocket and started writing down more names. I had already started to think of names for the Herrscher. But the names I had so far didn't really fit... ,,This is really frustrating...'' I sighed. With it I meant not only the thing with the names, also that the Herrscher was still sleeping. I was so lost in thought that I hadn't even noticed that Kalpas had come into the lobby. Only when my notebook was taken away from me. ,,Hey!" I said, annoyed. ,,What are you up to?" he asked me threateningly. ,,It's none of your business, now give it back," I replied, trying to get the book back. But Kalpas only raised his arm and I couldn't reach it. 'I hate being small...' I thought.