1. New Valkyrie

~??? POV~

,,Miss Schariac, Overseer Otto would like to speak to you,' said one of the Valkyries monotonously. ,,I'll be right there!'' I shouted back and got off the treadmill. While wiping my face with a towel, I ran towards the locker room. 'I wonder why the overseer wants to see me....' I asked myself. After changing my clothes, I made my way to the overseer. Since I was so lost in thought, I didn't notice that I ran into someone. ,,S-Sorry,'' I said apologetically. ,,No problem," replied a friendly voice. ,,D-Durandal-san!" I said, startled. ,,Ara~ If it isn't our Yuki-san,'' said Rita, who joined in. ,,Rita-san! I thought you two were on a mission?" I asked. ,,Rita and I came back this morning,'' Durandal replied. I continued on my way after saying goodbye to Rita and Durandal. 'I wish I could become a strong S-rank Valkyrie, too,' I thought a little sadly. All my life I have been here at Schicksal and have been trained. Yet I was never assigned to a mission....

Standing in front of the overseer's office door, I took a breath before knocking. ,,Come in," I heard from the other side. ,,You wanted to see me, overseer?" I asked, trying not to sound nervous. ,,That's right. Please sit down," the overseer replied. I followed his words and took a seat. Overseer Otto was still looking out the window. ,,You have been training hard for the past few years and have expressed your desire to go on missions, right?" the overseer asked me simply. ,,That's right. I also want to do my part and protect this world," I confessed honestly. Overseer Otto turned to me and showed me a small smile. ,,Then I have the right task for you. My granddaughter Theresa runs a school in the Far East. New valkyries are always needed there. Do you think you are up to the task?" Overseer Otto asked me. ,,You can count on me. I will do my best!" I answered proudly. And so began my new task as a Valkyrie....

-A few days later-

I had packed my things this morning and now I was on my way to St. Freya Academy. Even though I already know where I am going, I am still nervous. 'I hope I will be a good Valkyrie,' I thought excitedly. ,,Miss Schariac, we are here.'' said the pilot. ,,Thank you for flying me here.'' I said politely and got out. The campus of St. Freya Academy stretched out before me.

,,Wait a minute.... Where am I supposed to go?" I asked myself, looking around disoriented. I took my bag and went to explore a little. Amazed, I looked at the beautiful buildings, which reminded me of a castle. Still, I was surprised that I hadn't met anyone yet. Although.... this is a school, surely everyone is in class. I was approaching the main building when I heard footsteps. As I was about to turn around, someone ran into me. ,,Ouch!" I said as I fell on my butt and my bag hit me on the head. ,,Ow..." someone muttered.

When I looked up I saw a girl with white hair braided into two pigtails. I asked, ,,Are you all right?" and got up to help the girl. ,,I'm fine. I'm sorry I bumped into you," the girl answered and took my hand so I could help her up. ,,Are you new here?" the girl asked me. ,,Yes, I am... I'm supposed to go to Miss Theresa's office, but I don't know where it is," I admitted sheepishly. ,,Aunt Theresa's office is right there in the building. You just have to go to the second floor," the girl explained before she ran away. ,,But I wanted to ask what her name was....'' I mumbled in despair.

After a bit of searching, I found the office. Like the overseer, I took a deep breath before knocking. ,,Come in, please," sounded a female voice, which sounded very young. I entered and closed the door behind me. ,,You must be Yuki, right?" the female voice asked. When I turned around, I didn't see anyone. ,,I'm here..." said the voice, which came from the direction of the desk.

" said the voice, which came from the direction of the desk