31. On the Moon

~Yuki POV~

,,But this isn't right.'' said Kiana. ,,Shut up, let me finish. I was about to go when I bumped into you- A handful of monsters kept you from finding that door. Ha, is this a joke? Admit it, you can't do anything without me.'' complained Herrscher of the sentience. To keep it short, we needed the help of the Herrscher of sentience to escape from the sea of Quanta. And now we were in a Bubble Universe of the moon. At least that's how I understood it. For this we had also found Dr. MEI. ,,Dr. MEI, not everything she said is true, is it?'' asked Mei. 

Well, that could get confusing with two Mei's. ,,In any case, it's your arrival that bought this dusty bubble universe to a spurt of activity right before it's demise. How the process is documented doesn't matter as long as the results align.'' replied Dr. MEI. ,,No... that's not all I'm curious about... Herrscher of Sentience, why are you...'' begann Kiana pondering. I think I seemed to understand Kiana, the Herrscher seemed to do what Dr. MEI said. ,,Forget it. Don't fuss about minor details. I suppose you have more important things to ask?'' ,,Um... You're right about that.'' Kiana said. ,,Alright, Herrscher of Sentience, we'll save our questions about you for later.'' Mei continued before turning to Dr. MEI. 

,,I've heard so much about you, Dr. MEI. Now I know where that guidance came from. You planted beacons in that section of Sea of Quanta beforehand. Furthermore, to prevent monsters from following them, they're designed to be detectable only to certain mindsets. Which is how Herrscher of Sentience and I found the way.'' You could probably see a big question mark over my head as I had zero understanding of what Mei meant. I had felt nothing of what she just mentioned. ,, A fair assessment. We've long known that this world would we reside in is merely a bubble that might burst at any second. To escape the written ending, aside from resisting Honkai, we've also integrated the zone of uncertainty in a section of the Sea of Quanta into the world bubble. We opened a crack there and sent out probe after probe to seek hope. The guidance you discovered is part of this project.'' Dr. Mei calmly explained.

,,But there's another kind of guidance, isn't there?'' asked Bronya. ,,Yes. Planting ideas... is undeniably the Herrscher of Sentience. But to be honest, I'm surprised we're working together. After all, we're not from the same world. Hua was willing to use her power as I suggested when we first met, which I'm deeply grateful for.'' ,,...Hua?'' Mei and I asked. ,,Hey you... How many times have I told you to stop calling me by that lame name?'' complained the Herrscher of sentience. ,,Hmm? Have you...? Okay. Shall I call you Senti in accordance with your habit?'' teased Dr. MEI. ,,...Senti?'' asked Kiana. ,,You... I... What habit? I've never called myself that!'' 

.

.

.

After the conversation with Dr. MEI, we learned that we had landed on the moon thanks to Project Stigma. That what can't be destroyed immediately by Project Stigma is sealed here. So we Herrschers. Dr. Mei said she needed the powers of Kiana and Senti, so Bronya, Mei and I stayed behind. ,,Do you really think it's okay to let Kiana and Senti go with her?" I asked. ,,I'm sure nothing will happen to them," Mei answered. Thoughtfully I sat down on a stone. ,,Yuki Nee-san, can I ask something?" Bronya started. ,,Of course.'' ,,Since you appeared here with Mei Nee-san, it's really true that you are a Herrscher too.'' 

Right, Bronya didn't know. I explained in a short version that I am an artificial Herrscher and how I became one in the first place. ,,Bronya apologizes if she has awakened painful memories with this question.'' ,,Don't worry. I know you had no bad intentions. I should also apologize, after all we haven't seen each other for the longest time," I replied.Bronya shook her head. ,,Yuki Nee-san doesn't have to apologize, after all, she took care of Baka Kiana.'' Hearing the nickname, I had to laugh. ,,Actually, she was looking out for me. But I also contributed something.''

After that little funny moment, Bronya and Mei talked about something else. I didn't knew what it was really about, but I also gave them some time alone. Thoughtfully I looked into the dark starry sky which had something familiar about it. ,,I wonder if Elysia and the others have made it....'' What I didn't know was that Mei and Bronya were also just talking about the flame chasers.

.

.

.

When we were all together again we decided to follow Dr. MEI's instructions to get PROMETHEUS. Since Senti refused to come along, only the four of us went. While we were walking I realized how big this area really was. Although this was only a bubble universe, it was truly amazing what the people of the previous era had accomplished. When we crossed the formerly destroyed bridge, we stopped. ,,Alright, let's split up.'' Kiana said. ,,Take care of each other.'' Mei nodded. ,,Of course.'' Bronya and I said. 

Although we were supposed to split up, I somehow ended up with Kiana. ,,Sorry if this is inconvenient,'' I said. ,,No problem. After all, I want to spend time with you too after we meet again.'' ,,Who are you and what did you do with Kiana. The Kiana I know always talks about Mei-Senpai~'' I joked, which earned me a slight nudge. ,,I also want to thank you for keeping your promise," Kiana said with a smile. Promise... Ah. That's right, I had left a letter for Kiana in Nagazora that I would take care of Mei. ,,Well... I gave my best to take care of Mei," I replied. Kiana looked at me confused and I told her that I almost froze to death just after we parted. Of course Kiana was worried, but I quickly played them down.

After a while, when we were attacked by mechs, we finally found our objective. ,,How troublesome. The only reason  these factory manufactures stop you all from getting closer is ironically to protect your safety. It's the first time the suppression device has been switched off by someone since it has been installed. A new Herrscher, a successor of Origin... Perhaps you'll have to take responsibility for a momentous incident ahead.'' I looked at Kiana who just shrugged her shoulders. Good, then we both didn't know what the robot in front of us was talking about. ,,Wait... Are you PROMETHEUS?" asked Kiana. ,,It's more accurate to call me No. 17. You can leave first, I need to restart the suppression device. Even if it's just remains, just an illusion like me, the Honkai energy it exudes cannot be left unattended.'' 

PROMETHEUS leaned forward to reach for us, but was interrupted by Mei and Bronya who had appeared in the meantime. ,,You. I promise you, if you continue to use those hands to do anything dangerous, you'll lose them soon.'' ,,Mei-Senpai?'' (How do I put it? The Herrscher of Sentience linked our minds together in the end. Kiana und Yuki Nee-san are the only ones who haven't realized.) Bronya said in my head. (Huh? ...Alright.) ,,But she doesn't intend to hurt us. In fact, she's the person that we're looking for.'' I said and helped Kiana up. 

,,...Although it's obvious, but I should still remind you. It's very convenient for me to replace my arms. But if I immediately activate the suppression device, we might have to add four funerals to Dr. MEI's schedule.'' ,,..Wait, Dr. MEI was the one who told us to come here.'' Kiana said quickly. ,,Yes, I received the signal. But since there's a possibility of violent confrontation, I need to ensure that I have the upper hand in a fight to death. Or at least, mutual death. But of course, I'm no demon. Since there is a clear winner, would you all still choose to resist me... or shall we have an amiable discussion elsewhere?'' 

Silently, we all nodded and went to another place. As it seems this could become really interesting....