12. Into the snake pit

~Yuki POV~

Still annoyed, I came back to the lobby and went straight to my room. ,,Calm down Yuki. I'm sure Kalpas had a good reason," the Herrscher tried to calm me down. ,,A good reason my ass! He's the one who attacked me first and then he doesn't even finish it!" I cursed and punched my pillow. ,,Would you rather he had hurt you?" asked the Herrscher. ,,Yes, even if I had lost, at least I would have accepted it. But the fact that he stopped in the middle of the fight only shows that he still finds me weak," I answered. ,,Sometimes I really don't understand you...'' sighed the Herrscher.

,,Why don't you let me use my powers a little more?" I asked after a while. ,,Hah?'' ,,Even Elysia said that I have made progress. So I should be able to use my powers more. Or if that's not possible, tell me what kind of Herrscher I am. I can use the powers of the Herrscher of the Void, but I don't really have an ability of my own,'' I explained frustrated. ,,You know I told you in Nagazora that you are not completely ready for your Herrscher powers. Besides, I don't want to reveal your true identity until then. So please be patient a little longer. But to answer your other question. You have really become stronger and you can use the void portals more accurately, so I will at least give you enough power so that you can use the void lances.'' replied the Herrscher and a strange feeling went through my body. ,,...So, that should be enough,'' the Herrscher said, exhausted. ,,Are you okay?" I asked. ,,Yes, I'm just tired. It's not easy to give you powers without awakening them completely. I'm going to rest a bit. Don't do anything rash," she answered and I could feel her presence disappear again.

After trying out the lances in my room. I wanted to go to sleep, but just as I was about to fix my pillow, a note fell off the bed. Suspiciously I opened it. 

Hello little Herrscher,
if you are interested I know a way how you can control your powers faster and better. I know how desperately you are trying to get stronger. So this offer should please you. 

After I finished reading the note, I scoffed. If I were to accept this offer from the stranger, it would be an absolute betrayal of trust towards the Herrscher. When I was about to throw the note away, I noticed that there was a strange smell coming from the note. ,,Oh no...'' I muttered before everything went black.

.

.

.

When my consciousness returned and I sat up I noticed that I was no longer in my room. ,,What the hell?" I asked myself. It seemed that I had reached a darker level of the Elysian Realm. From the shadows I heard a giggle. And this giggle sounded even more threatening than that of Kalpas. ,,I see that the little Herrscher has woken up,'' said the voice. ,,W-Who is there?" I asked nervously. ,,You don't have to be afraid. After all, I want to help you," the voice replied, and from the shadows came a green-haired girl. She seemed to be a little smaller than me and there was a grin on her face. ,,Who are you?" I asked. ,,It doesn't matter," the girl answered. ,,I see it differently. You left me this strange message, which knocked me out. And now I wake up here in a place where I have never been before. It doesn't really look like you want to help me," I said suspiciously.

,,You are smart little Herrscher. But I am telling the truth. From the shadows I have watched you desperately trying to become stronger, your fight against Kalpas and your training with Elysia. And yet it brings you nothing. Not even your friend helps you, and she herself is a Herrscher.'' the girl explained to me. I didn't know why, but the girl was right somehow. Mei had not even offered me help since we had entered the Elysian Realm. But somehow I didn't trust the girl either, she was too well informed and just at the thought of Mei her expression seemed to get darker. ,,I don't know exactly what you want from me except to help me. If you have a problem with Mei then settle it with her and leave me out of it,'' I replied.