Chapter 27: Christmas Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

He traced his fingers up my collarbones, my neck, my jaw to cup my cheeks and gave me a deep, long kiss.

"I don't think I want to eat those eggs now." Anne called out from the table.

I laughed a breath of air into Sebastian's mouth and he released me, returning to the eggs before he burned them.

We served up breakfast for everyone and joined Anne and Ominis at the table.

Sebastian's eggs were delicious. They were fluffy and soft and so incredibly flavourful.

"I didn't know you could cook." I spoke with a full mouth.

"I told you I could. I had to learn." He said, scooping another mouthful in.

Oh. I knew exactly what he meant. There was a reason he had to learn to cook for himself and Anne in this home and I know I didn't like it.

"And the toast. Divine." Anne commented with a smile, obviously knowing full well what Sebastian meant by having to learn to cook for himself and trying to divert the subject.

"Thanks. Whipped it up myself," I said with a sarcastic note, taking credit for the easiest part of the meal.

We demolished the food and decided to head out into the hamlet to get some food staples and await the arrival of the Christmas tree delivery.

Poor Ominis, being the prim and proper gentleman he was, had to sit and wait for us all to get ready since he'd already done it himself earlier. I helped Sebastian fix his hair and picked out a simple pair of beige slacks and a grey jumper for him.

"Handsome." I said, tugging the collar of his white shirt underneath.

He decided that in turn, he'd choose my outfit which I politely declined when he suggested I merely go in my short, silky white night gown.

"I will freeze." I said plainly, selecting a long dress, tights and a coat instead.

"Oh, that's the reason? Not the fact everyone will be staring at those fucking gorgeous legs?" He said, stepping towards me and gripping my arse tightly.

I looked at him with pursed lips and batted his arms away with a promise that maybe later he can continue to try and charm me into bed but for now we were here for Anne.

"Fine." He groaned like a grumpy toddler. I was half expecting him to stomp his feet too.

We emerged from our room to see Anne had already beaten us in getting dressed and the four of us threw on our overcoats and headed out into the snow.

The crisp air smacked me in the face as we shut the door to the cottage behind us and headed out. It was freezing. I let out an audible groan that had Sebastian laughing and tucking me in under his coat to stop

We wandered at a slow pace for Anne and Ominis' sake, something Sebastian and I definitely weren't used to. A slow pace was not something we knew how to do. But it felt right.

Tiny pop up shops were appearing more and more in the hamlet as Christmas edged closer with people eager to sell their wares and home made goods. We picked up some fresh bread and milk, a delicious home made strawberry jam and a jar of honey from a local beekeeper. The Christmas spirit was well and truly alive across the hamlet with houses adorning their front doors with decorated wreaths and lacewing fly twinkle lights across the eaves.

The quiet hamlet became suddenly busy as the approaching cart lined with Christmas trees arrived. Children and adults alike emerged from their homes, galleons in hand to select the perfect tree. Sebastian abandoned me quickly and snatched Anne from Ominis' grasps, pulling his sister over and taking a spot in line.