61. Taste so good*

A/n: Long chapter. 

Enjoy. 

"Basketball game on the 20th"

Hm.

"Against New Hill"

Next Friday, huh?

"Maybe," a whisper slipped.

I sat on the grass with my back against a tree trunk. The cool shade provided nice ease from the hot afternoon heat. I sighed contentedly as I watched people wander around the school paths, in and out of the main building, some finding places to rest and talk, while others found their groups and slid inside the entrance, heading to the cafeteria. That's probably where Brady and everyone else were.

When he can bitch about my differences. Or where Mack can agree with him and talk shit about me behind my back. Laugh together. When Lexi can talk shit and they'd agree. They'd all agree. That I've changed.

But they should be happy for me, right? Brady undoubtedly should. Why wasn't he able to?

Exhaling a sharp breath through my nose, I stopped thinking about him and focused on what was in front of me. Zoey lay, between my legs. Her head rested gently on my chest. Her eyes closed. My hands were clasped together, my fingers intertwining as my arm rested comfortably on Zoey's stomach. Her arms, in turn, were gently placed on top of mine, our fingers interlacing.

My surroundings faded into a faraway buzz as we sat under the tree. We were the only ones there. I was lost in the soft rise and fall of Zoey's chest against my arms, our breaths perfectly matched.

As other students walked by, we remained enveloped in our time. I was aware of the curious glances thrown our way, the whispers being hushed. The sounds of laughter and conversation wafted over us, intermittently bridging the gap between our quiet space and the bustling flurry of people talking. But my focus remained fixed on Zoey.

I then cocked my head to kiss the top of her head softly. I liked the way her hair felt on my lips and the warmth she exuded.

She sighed happily, and I heard it. She turned her head just enough to gaze up at me, a smile spreading across her face and her doe eyes glistening.

She twisted against my embrace and slid onto my lap, her legs straddling my waist as she faced me, in a split second. My face began to heat up as my flush spread from my cheeks to my ears. She gently caressed my chin with her delicate fingers. My ears were burning, and we had one look before she leaned in and gave me a soft kiss. Her lips were invitingly smooth. When I tasted her, a wave of warmth swept through me.

I drew her in and put my hands on her hips before deepening the kiss. Her fingertips caressed my cheek as we were pressed up against each other. She dipped past my face after pulling back and my neck was immediately greeted by gentle lips, but then I felt her mouth firmly press on my skin. I let out a choked breath. Feeling her hand slide below to rub me, my gaze remained fixed forward.

"Fu—" I breathed, my teeth sinking into my lip.

The tip—Oh shit.

My mind suddenly came to reality when my eyes landed on those passing by. Remembering this was the school courtyard.

We were very much in public.

As Zoey sucked harshly against me, my cheeks reddened and my breaths became labored and caught in my throat. I had to stop her, though. "Zoey," I said. The vibration of my voice caused Zoey to gaze at me as I gently moved her away. Her lips were still somewhat swollen, and she sat up immediately, her cheeks flushing in response. She makes a fist with her hand on her chest, rubbing it in circular motions, signing something, before taking out her phone. I followed suit.