16. Cold hands and hot cheeks

A/n: As a request from a active reader of this story that I update soon, here you are.

I hope this chapter makes you and everyone else happy!

Plus, I already had this chapter prewritten so it easy for me to put together very quickly.

Enjoy!

The Field Trip part 3

"So Campbell, see anything interesting on your way to the bathroom?" Mack asked with a mouth full of pizza.

"Unless you find old vases crossed in dust interesting, uh no, I didn't. " I answered with a hint of sarcasm.

"Funny. I appreciate your humor, Campbell."

"Do you, now?" I came back. I'm pretty sure he wasn't being serious either. I guess that punch changed his opinion of me. No more friendly Mack.

"Yeah," he dropped his piece aggressively on his plate and met my glare. "I do." He said as I could see him biting the inside of his cheek, frustrated. Probably thinking about the present I gave him, on his face.

"Levi, dude?" Brady's voice came into the picture. My glare faded as I faced him. "Did you see the meme I sent you?" He asked.

Really? You're asking that now?

"Uh, yeah, man. Pretty funny." I lied, hoping it was a funny meme and not one of those dark humor ones.

"I knew you'd like it." He smiled brightly before shoving pizza in his mouth.

I automatically grinned and my eyes landed back on Mack, still glaring at me. Letting out a sharp breath through my nose, I leaned back in my seat and stared blankly at my pizza. I haven't even taken a bite.

What's wrong with me? I'm always hungry.

But I lost my appetite. I guess that sandwich from early really filled me up.

Pizza doesn't look good right now. So I raised my plate to Brady. He raised a brow at me and I offered it. "You want my slice?"

"Sure, man." He said, taking it onto his full plate.

I didn't know what was going on. Either I just didn't feel like eating or my mind was too busy contemplating how Zoey was feeling back at the museum. She got scared of the assault. That has to be it. Yet it doesn't feel like it is.

I looked around me, realizing I spaced out again. No one seemed to notice, though. Not even Lexi and Louis. Hell, I'm surprised they've been quiet this whole time. They would've budded in a long time ago.

I looked at both of them and they seemed distracted. Lexi wasn't touching her food and Louis was shoving his face but keeping his eyes on the plate.

Maybe they fought?

Maybe something happened?

But why would they fight?

They're not dating.

Lexi's a lesbian.

Louis is straight and as far as I know, he doesn't like Lexi that way.

So I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say something did happen.

Because usually they'd make fun or get pushy with me everytime I'm being asked a specific question like Mack did earlier.

But nothing.

I felt odd.

Really odd.

But you know what's even more odd?