47. She'll never mention it

We slept for the night, together, never moving around or adjusting. And we woke up just the same. Limbs were stiff but no worries lingered. She woke up before me because when I opened my eyes, hers were already staring. Blankly at me, though. And... with a hand running along my jaw, stroking my stubble.

Purring, I did. Fully woke up as she scratched the bottom of my cheek. Her small thumb glided down my jaw and to my chin, then lifted to the skin below my bottom lip. Tracing where my facial hair started and ended like connecting the dots, I reached up to stop her, playfully, feeling a bit ticklish after a few minutes longer. The corner of my lips was in a curl at first, but it faded as my hand recoiled, noticing her expression was still blank.

I wondered if she was contemplating what I knew now. Everything about how. About when. About why.

Maybe she felt vulnerable now. With me being another person who knows. Someone close to her, romantically. Because she quickly looked away when I realized I was staring. Her form left my upper side as she sat up, arms behind her and hands on the bed for support, she stared ahead. Her brown hair was frizzy. The back of it was in a loose ponytail while the rest wasn't long enough curtained around her face. I stayed where I was. Lying there on my back as I observed her, bringing one hand to rub her face. She sucked in a sharp breath before clearing her throat. Voicelessly.

No tone. No nothing. Just made a sound.

Suddenly, on all fours, she crawled and was over my figure seconds later. She reached over my body and grabbed her phone off the floor, only to then find a spot to lay on top of me. Her soft round chin propped on her chest, as well as her hands, grasped her phone in front of her, while her arms settled in between mine. Her weight was not even suffocating me in the slightest. I got mine out from my pocket, holding and placing it on her upper back, close to slipping down onto her neck. Nonetheless, her shirt's fabric and my rubber phone case made it stay in place.

Aside from her phone filling the space between us, we were close, which was satisfying my desires. When I began to miss her yesterday.

The feeling of her legs grazing against mine. Bare yet prickly skin. I didn't mind though. Her steady heartbeat synced with me. Cheeks weren't stained red but feelings were there. Lingering. Waiting for a spark to light our fires, to cause our hearts to skip, or for our breaths to hitch.

I felt a little touch-starved when I was isolated at home. So this shared touch she was doing was filling in the gaps of my emptiness without her.

"Softy". Voices of people who hated me spiraled and repeated in my head. Realized how gently I'd become when around her. "Gone soft for her eh, Campbell?" It used to bother me. "So is she your girlfriend now?" A lot. "Oh, I get it. Don't wanna make a scene in front of your lady, huh?" But now? "What happened to you, man?" I'm accepting it.

Because I'm her softy. Now for more than ever.

Zoey:
Morning :)

How'd you sleep?

Me:
Good

Zoey:
Good

My eyes flickered down to hers to move the messy hair that was on her face. Covering her cute ora. Something about the way she made me feel as she glanced up, meeting my gaze when I tucked the loose strands behind her one exposed ear. So smooth and lightweight. Letting my hand drop and my thumb glide along her jawline before I drew my hand back. My cheeks were warm in an instant. Her doe eyes were always intoxicating. Luring me in at every glance. Making me freeze. Lose my breath. Stop. Just to let her swallow me.