3. Eyes on her

I could hear Brady tapping his foot and rapidly clicking his pen. "Dude, I'm so nervous."

I leaned back in my chair. "Did you study at all?" I asked him, trying to sound interested.

"We both know that would never happen, Levi. I don't want to bomb this one like last time," Brady stated.

I shook my head, chuckling to myself. "Well, maybe if you studied you wouldn't have had to retake the thing three times in a row."

His clicking stopped. I could feel him leaned forward up above my ear. "Shut it before I beat your ass," he hit my shoulder in a semi playful way.

Turning around in my seat, I swung at his as well only for him to block. "I'd like to see you try," I gave him a sly smirk.

"Boys!" Mrs. Brown hollered from her desk. "That'll be enough. Class, please get your pencils, water bottles near your desks if needed, we'll start the test in a few," she announced as she licked her finger and began to pass out the copies.

Brady had let go of my hand, letting me turn back around and get out my pencil. I got my copy and waited for everyone else to get one, following Mrs. Brown's orders.

Before taking any of her tests, you wrote your name at the top left-hand corner along with the date and time. And everyone had to start at the same time. She'd time us, giving us twenty minutes for each ten-question section.

I never liked her tests. They were confusing and didn't make sense ever. She'd always have misprints or grammar mistakes. It's like she wrote it all up as if she was in a rush or was being held at gunpoint.

"Now when the clock says eight-fifteen, you may begin," she said, walking back at her desk. "I want to see no talking, no phones out and please raise your hand for permission to get a tissue or to go and use the restroom. Please don't just walk out or stand up randomly, I'd appreciate it. It would make my job a lot easier." She finished, leaving the silence for us as we all stared at the clock. Watching the second going up, the long hand getting closer to the twelve. And finally, seeing it going past it, we began.

Flipping over the paper, I started section one. The first question was a question regarding the poem "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" we read a few weeks ago. It was easy, might I add.

The next one was, what is most likely to be the subject of an imagist poem?

I filled it in with, A broken ladder. See? Easy peasy.

I took my time, filling out what I could in the twenty minutes she gave us. I didn't rush nor did I guess on things. I tried my best, remembering what I learned.

I kept having a hard time with myself. I could've looked over the study guide last night but I couldn't. I was tired and annoyed. I stayed up too late finishing, what I thought should've taken me ten minutes but had me up till one in the morning, homework.

And the fight I had with my dad kept me up. I kept thinking about it, the words I used, my attitude towards him when I'm annoyed. I hated when we argued. We used to get along so well. I guess that scratch I gave his car put a dent in him.

"Where have you been?" I thought back. Remembering how it went down. How it started.

I walked past him and into the house. "Out getting the food," I mumbled in a low voice. Walking into the kitchen. I began to put away the stuff.

"I know it doesn't take that long to get four things," I could hear the irritation in his voice.

"At least I got the food," I replied. I remember my head was hurting and needed laying down. I walked past him leaning against the door frame, his arms folded as he looked at me. Glaring in disappointment. I began going up the stairs.