4. Wet lunch

It's day two of midterms and I'm halfway there. Just two more classes and I'll be home free. Except for today's classes, my third and fourth periods were my least favorite. Human geography and AP U.S government. Ugh. I hate them both. I thought human geography would be an easy elective, turns out, it's one of the hardest classes and government was a requirement.

Not to mention my teachers are the worst. I'm pretty sure they hate my gusts and only because I've been late in the past. Most of the time it wasn't my fault. I can't control when girls push me into the janitor's closet.

Brady has even made me late a couple of times. Not a surprise, just thought you should know. Either he'd be copying my homework or wouldn't stop talking to me and let me leave.

Brady has been annoying me more often these days. Maybe I'm finally getting tired of him. Like yesterday, I could tell he felt the tension between the two of us after what I asked.

"Can you ask him?"

I could tell he was pondering what that meant. I didn't mean to sound like I cared yet I slightly did, I'll admit. Harrison does do a lot of messed up things to girls and over the years, no one has had the balls to report him and turn him in. Not even me. I just stood in the shadows just like everyone else as the rumors flew in.

"He said she drove off."

That relieved me yet it didn't. Because when Harrison Mack gets rejected, which rarely happens, things don't usually pan out too well.

Brady also never showed me that video of the scene between Harrison and Zoey. Maybe because I was already grumpy enough, he didn't want to make me blow a fuse. He knew I didn't like bullies but it wasn't my place to stand up for people.

I tried to forget about that news and focus on my classes yet today, the school seemed off. I kept hearing people murmuring things under their breaths as I passed them. Some were clear, others not so much. But in most of them, I heard the words, "Harrison" and "new girl" or "deaf girl". And some other fucked up stuff. I guess the video got around already. I wonder how many people shared it.

Making the corner to my class, I stumbled upon something I did expect to happen yet it was rather frustrating seeing it happen now.

Zoey, standing at her locker, was getting picked on or so I assumed. Her hair was perfectly straight and blown out. I knew she probably couldn't hear the girls around her, insulting her but it was still kind of sad to watch. They weren't exactly picking on her per se but they were making comments loud enough for anyone walking by to hear. I recognized some of the girls too. I've fucked a few and I remember because they waved my way as I passed them. I didn't wave back though, only looked at Zoey as she was putting in her locker combination. But when she looked up, our eyes met and she waved while she smiled. Again, I didn't wave.

I let the scene be overlooked and focused on getting to class. I soon entered the room and took my seat, trying to forget about my worries and to get ready for the testing.

Now during the whole thing, people would not, I repeat, would not shut up. I kept trying to 'shh' people but they kept going. Not to mention, I kept hearing stuff about the Harrison and Zoey scene yesterday.

My teacher didn't even seem to care about the noise when you could hear it perfectly.

I'll admit, the test was a bit harder than expected but it was even harder when people were playing videos in the back. The teacher has made it clear hundreds of times that if you're done with your test, please be quiet for the others who are still. But no, I guess the rule doesn't get through their dumbass heads.