60. Eat a d*ck

A/n: Double update!! You're welcome.

Enjoy. 

"So, you and the deafy're a thing now, eh?" Louis asked.

What?

There I was, sitting in ethnic studies, already hearing it. Oh, how the news spreads like water from a fallen dam.

I hadn't even been there for five minutes.

When the bell rang at the end of the lesson in English, Zoey and I slipped away, and I breathed a sigh of relief. But not at the fact that others were still staring in the hallway. I was just hoping we could get through without drawing Brady's attention again. We moved quietly through the swarm of students down the steps, my head low and blending into the background. My thoughts raced with reasons I could make for him later; anything to avoid an awkward talk. But I knew I wouldn't be able to ignore him forever. Our paths would eventually cross again.

We strolled down the hallways, getting closer to our next class, enjoying each other's company and oblivious to the bustle around us. As I approached the door, I felt Zoey's hand slip away, replaced by her arm wrapped around me. We entered the classroom, and I saw Keller's desk first. Mr. Keller stood at the front, staring blankly at the people who sat in the back until he noticed my appearance.

Mr. Keller said, "Morning, Campbell, coming in on time is now your thing, eh?" his voice fatigued as usual.

I walked further into the room, nodding my head down in ackknowledgment. "Right you are, Mr. Keller."

I took my seat, sinking into the relaxed mood of the classroom, while Zoey positioned herself on top of my desk. She had a seat in the back, but it seems she wanted to stay until class began. Louis, though, redirected my focus immediately after, in less than ten seconds. Looking over my shoulder, my gaze fell on him and Lexi in the back, and Louis motioned with his palm for me to come back.

Great.

I sighed and returned my gaze to Zoey. But as she realized what was going on, she signaled with her hand for me to leave. I grinned, squeezing her knee before standing up and approaching the two.

"There's my boy," Louis said, his eyes flashing with delight. "So, you and the deafy're a thing now, eh?" He asked, bluntly, as I squatted down between their desks.

I furrowed my brows at them, shocked that I was already hearing such things.

"Woah, man, don't go pale on me," Louis said, jolting me from my thoughts.

I looked up at Louis, whose face seemed concerned but not overly so. "Her name is Zoey," I corrected quietly, adding, "Don't call her that."

Louis cocked his brow. "Ah, so it's true?" he questioned.

"Yes," I said, nodding. It is."

Lexi chimed in, her voice dripping with curiosity. "What, didn't you see it?"

I gave her a look, "See what?" I asked.

Lexi leaned forward in her desk and showed me her phone screen with a sly smile. "There was an anonymous Insta post about you and your girlfriend's couples account," she informed.

"Just because I'm in the pictures doesn't make it a—" I attempted to remain composed as I clutched the phone in my grasp.

Lexi cut me off, uninterested in my explanation. "Yeah, whatever, Campbell. You can talk all you want, but people are still gossiping."

"Who cares," I said as I loosened my jaw and handed her the phone back. "Yeah. I'm in a relationship with her. Is that really hard to accept?" I went off.