22. What?

The Field Trip part 9

Sunlight blinded me as soon as I opened my eyes this morning. But the pain subsided when I remembered who was next to me. She was facing me and I could see how she was peacefully sleeping. She was curled up into a ball and was hogging the pillow.

Cute.

And she didn't scream all night. Weird but also good. However, I did feel her clench the sheets with her hands so maybe she did have a nightmare, just not a bad one that causes you to scream bloody murder.

I lay there, reminiscing about what happened last night and how she almost seduced me.

I'm kidding, it was only a kiss. However, it could've been more. Was it the place we were in that made her not want to do so? Whatever, I don't care, I enjoyed the kiss. Nevertheless, I didn't know what happened to me. When the kiss began, I was stiff as a board, didn't move, nor was I in control of the kiss. Her hands were all over me and I just laid there like an inexperienced virgin.

I went soft for her, not my dick but my actions. I acted like I didn't know what was going on when I clearly did.

I let out a morning yawn and reached for my phone to check the time. 7:04, it marked. And as I opened it, all the notifications came rolling in.

Text after text from none other, Brady.

Brady:
Dude where you at
sent at 9:12 pm

Brady:
Are you coming?
sent at 9:17 pm

Brady:
Did you fall asleep?
sent at 9:18 pm

Brady:
Why is your door locked?
sent at 9:25 pm

Brady:
Open the door I know you're inside
sent at 9:28 pm

My eyes widened. The texts ended there.

It could be that when he saw Zoey and me in the bed, he stopped and went to tell everyone.

Nevertheless, it's pretty dark in my room at night. Maybe he simply decided not to take the risk. Yet he knocked at my door, probably drunk and high, and I didn't hear him.

Ha. What a shame.

I felt her shifting around on the bed and looked down to see her eyes staring up at mine. I grinned and her lips curled upward in the slightest. I reached out and placed my hand on her shoulder, cupping and squeezing it. Her grin grew into a smile as she sat up, making my hand fall.

I sat up and we stared again, doing nothing else.

This was something different. I never would've thought I'd kiss... someone like her. I still can't believe it. She waved her hand in front of her face and I understood the familiar sign, "Pretty."

Of course. Pretty.

And I don't mind it now.

She giggled and hopped off the bed before stepping out of the room and taking a left, I assume going to her own room. I got up by myself, scratching my head, and exited my room, and went to the breakfast room.

The speculation that Brady might have seen us last night made me feel fine, but as I neared where the class was gathering, I felt my heartbeat pounding and my chest tightening.

Approaching the lounge, I could hear indistinct voices becoming louder. I planned to scan the room for Brady, if he was there, I would return later, if not, I would eat. Unfortunately, I never follow my own rules. After climbing the wooden stairs, I opened the door and the class, who had been eating, fell silent as soon as I opened it.