1. You're in my seat

The school hallways were more crowded than usual. Since it was one day before our midterms, I figured people would start getting ready. Not me though, I was born with a gift. The gift of not giving a fuck and still getting good grades. I guess school studies always came naturally to me. The homework I got was easy and I would get it done in less than an hour, leaving more time to hang out with Brady.

Passing through the door of my first class of the day, I spotted Brady at the back where we usually sit. Leaning his chair back, he smiled widely as I came over to him.

Brady and I had been friends since elementary school. He was the quiet kid when we first started to hang out, have playdates and sleepovers. But after a while when high school came around, his appearance changed into something I would have never imagined. He was loud and was more interested in girls.

We tell each other everything, in detail, of course, no holding back. And now we rule Yellow Meadows Highschool, both with a body count of over fifty. And we were proud.

People knew not to mess with us, if we wanted something or someone, we would get it. No girls could ever resist what we had.

"Dude, how'd it go last night?" I asked, dropping my bag on the floor as I slid into my seat.

"Oh my god, dude, you won't believe it. The head cheerleader, she first gave me a blowjob, then we ended up doing it twice," he explained with much confidence.

I gave him a fist bump. "Twice? Damn dude, you must've been busy," I leaned my side against the desk.

He nodded. "What about you? Snatch up another lucky lady?"

I looked off to the side before I shook my head. "Nah, my dad called me and I had to leave. You know, the usual," I folded my arms.

"Right, right. That sucks," He playfully hit my shoulder. "But hey, at least you got laid by that one chick,"

"Emily? Yeah, more like she got laid. I already told you, I did all the work," I turned around in my seat, now facing forward.

"Well, maybe next time you'll have better luck. I heard Rita's throwing a party this weekend. You can come to that. Maybe have a few drinks to loosen things up down there?" Brady knew damn well how to get me to come. Say there's girls, alcohol, or half-naked girls. Piece of cake. Yet it was Rita's party and he also knew that I and her didn't get along. But parties were our hobby. It wouldn't ruin my reputation if I didn't go. I can do whatever the fuck I want. But if I did go, I know she wouldn't leave me alone.

"Maybe," I said before the teacher's voice began to screech. I never liked English. Writing essays was fine but that doesn't mean I enjoyed doing them. Our teacher, Mrs. Brown has been the senior English for six years and over the four years I've been here, I've heard a lot about her and it has mostly been negative things.

The class was easy but her topic essays were the worst and almost nobody would ever get a good grade on them, not even me. So far, I've only a B plus, and that's my highest grade in this class. Brady has a B minus, which doesn't surprise me. I've always been better at him in school but it's not like he gives a shit. He does study, sometimes and completes the homework, occasionally but overall he's doing okay, academically.

Yet when it came to this class, he's been slacking, mostly. And I don't blame him one bit.

"Morning guys, I hope you all filled out the study guide last night. Today we'll be going over it, so get out your packets and let's start," Mrs. Brown instructed. When I brought out my folder and opened it up, I felt Brady leaned over behind me.

"Did you do it?" He asked and I mentally sighed to myself. Brady was my friend but sometimes, his bad habits got pretty annoying. He would constantly ask if I did the homework and in many cases, yes, I did, which leaves me to let him copy off of my work. It never bothered me at first but now that we're seniors, it's kind of getting old.