[90] Don't Close Your Eyes At Me: Torturing Out a Confession

A/N SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG Uni is totally kicking my ass right now... and I kinda just kept adding things and it got longer and longer...

---------------------------------

Watching your body slowly rot was a very unnerving thing.

"..."

Everyone just looked at Qin Jiu.

No fucking shit...

It was unnerving enough, watching the occasional nature documentary about scavenging animals that include the occasional rotten animal carcass, but this... this was something else altogether.

The skin and flesh would melt, revealing the white bones underneath...

The entire process was like you were watching something die in slow motion. Every second and every detail were clearly shown to amplify the torture and suffering.

Several people glanced over at Qin Jiu again, their eyes filled with even more concern.

Despite Qin Jiu's lack of reaction, they couldn't help but wonder if this was what Qin Jiu was feeling at the very moment; his skin gradually melting off his bones like a popsicle out in the hot sun, feeling all the pain that came with his flesh peeling and rotting off, with fresh, undamaged nerves suddenly being exposed to the open air before similarly wilting...

But Qin Jiu was fine.

He was far from being unnerved, and just felt a little regretful.

"..."

Everyone was already put off by such a horrible, disgusting sight, and yet, the victim himself was far from being unnerved...

Heck, even his current self didn't seem too bothered by it either...

Even You Huo barely batted an eye at the sight besides occasionally glancing at Qin Jiu's arm, as if he was wary that the system they were trapped in would suddenly decide to be sadistic and transfer over real injuries instead of just the pain...

Too strong... they were far too strong...

Perhaps it was because the entire process was too magical, it didn't feel realistic.

Or perhaps it was because he was just too confident.

"I don't even know where you get that confidence from." Gao Qi grumbled, "Your arm is literally rotting off."

"Well, it's nice to know that the only way the System can get rid of me is by literally giving me cancer." Qin Jiu joked, before You Huo raised his good hand, ignoring the mild throbbing in his torso, to smack Qin Jiu on the head for spouting complete and utter rubbish.

Getting cancer wasn't a funny joke, and neither was having their bodies experiencing accelerated rotting; Qin Jiu's brain must have been somehow affected before the rest of his body, because only someone with rotting brain could come up with such bullshit.

He sat in his usual spot in the ruins the entire time with his jacket lying beside him. The white silk shirt he wore was stained with blood.

He bent one of his legs and examined the bones on his hand as he waited patiently.

When the blood on him was too excessive, only then did he open the roll of bandages 922 had forced onto him.

He wasn't interested in appreciating the flesh wound so he didn't take off his shirt. Instead, he directly wrapped the bandages around his shirt.