[8] The Last Supper: Return Gift

The rooster hanging from the door once again turned its neck and looked out the window while crying out.

Three invigilators walked over through the snowstorm. A chill rushed through the cabin as soon as the door opened.

Familiar scenery. Familiar people.

The faces of the old, weak and sick people in the room had all stiffened.

154 and Wen Yuan sighed. They really didn't want to be scaring these poor examinees.

154's face was even more stiff: "We've received another violation notice."

He pulled out a note and said: "The notice said that an examinee-"

"A cute and obedient examinee who will never learn to behave." Qin Jiu added teasingly while taking off his gloves.

154 blinked, because being cute was subjective and his future boss was allowed to think however he wanted but it was not the fucking time and place for it, dammit, but obedient!?

Does his boss need to get a fucking dictionary? Because unless something changed in the past few years he had been sleeping in the backup station, he was pretty damn sure the definition of "obedient" was not "breaking rules left and right".

Gao Qi choked on his saliva, "Cute and obedient!?"

"Hmph!" Qin Jiu huffed, pretending to peer at You Huo, "Well, I'd say he's pretty cute! Don't you think so too, Big Invigilator?"

You Huo just stared at him with an impassive expression, while Gao Qi nearly lost his mind, "You! You fucking- you keep your hands away from A!"

"I'm not doing anything." Qin Jiu quipped, raising his hands innocently, "I'm just saying, if you can't appreciate his beauty, maybe you need to get your eyes checked. You're pretty old, right?"

Invigilator D spluttered, and Zhao Jiatong sighed; after You Huo, who was the leader of the moderates, the person GIN loved to rile up was Gao Qi... precisely because he was easy to upset and was overprotective of his friend.

At this point, everyone, hardliner and moderate alike, were pretty sure that such bullshit was spewing from GIN's mouth just to mess with Gao Qi; as much as they agreed that You Huo was objectively handsome, pretty... and now that they had seen a less reserved, more expressive, softer, gentler side to their boss... either way, none of them had the fucking guts to spill it out so casually.

And GIN was Invigilator A's enemy; the leaders of two opposing factions, not to mention how much crap that Qin Jiu pulled during his examinee days. There was no fucking way that Qin Jiu actually thought You Huo was cute, right?

His future self was just doing that to mock and provoke future You Huo! It was the only logical conclusion.

Meanwhile, Qin Jiu just pouted. You Huo really was gorgeous and sublime, in his honest opinion. And that cold, annoyed glare he gave everyone? It was scary, but it was also really so god damned cute!

Not that Qin Jiu could say that out loud; Gao Qi would probably castrate him... if he could even hurt him in the first place.

You Huo just snorted internally at Qin Jiu's expression. His stupid, flirty, annoying, pain-in-the-ass (literally) not-really ex-boyfriend because it wasn't like they broke up but his memory was wiped... sometimes, he was just so easy to read.

154 looked at him incredulously.

"Got a problem?" Qin Jiu raised his eyebrow.