Chupacabra

Season 2, Episode: 05

"Morning, Carl." I said as I opened the door to his room, he smiled at me as he rubbed his eyes. "Morning, Y/N."  "How are you feeling?" I asked as I brought him breakfast. "Better, I feel great." He says as he starts eating and looks at me. "Where my mom and dad?"  "Well, your mom is doing laundry and your dad is going to search for Sophia with the others." I said as I place his clothes next to him. He nods at my words and keeps eating, "Will you start teaching me now? Im feeling great." He said with his mouth full and I smiled. "Yes, I will. Ill leave you to continue eating and change. I'll be outside at the camp." I said as I left his room and saw Hershel.

"Good morning,Y/N." He smiles as he hands me a coffee, "Thank you and Good morning, Hershel." I said as I drank the coffee. "Rick told me that you are a nurse, Im a veterinarian. I know some things but if you dont mind, I would like for you to teach me more." He says as I follow him to the kitchen and I smiled. "Of course! So what would you like to know?" I ask as we both sat down and I taught Hershel about certain pills that are good for certain scenarios, which medication are good for different types of people and as we kept talking, i got to learn more about him, his wife and his stepson. We both bonded together and he made me feel comfortable and treated me like family.

"Y/N, can you teach me now." I heard Carl's voice and I looked at Carl and then at Hershel. "Yes, she can. Thank you for your time." Hershel says and I smile as I stood up. "Of course,Hershel" I then left with Carl and we went back to where camp was.

We sat on a log and I started to teach him math,writting, any other subjects. "Your getting smarter and smarter." I said as I looked at his answers, "Its all because of you!...and Sophia...we would help eachother." Carl says with a smile but it fades. "What's wrong,Carl?" I asked as I placed the paper down. "Do you think that we really will find, Sophia?" "Of course we will. Your dad and the rest of the group are searching for her...I'll search for her too." I said and he smiles again. "Your also going to look for her? Can I go with you?" "Its too dangerous and your still young." I said as I started to pack up the papers into a bag. "We'll continue tomorrow, can you tell your mom that ill be looking for berries. So the others won't freak out and dont tell her about Sophia." I continued as I stood up and he nods. "Are you going to be okay?" "I will be...hopefully." I mumbled silently.

He went back into the house while I went to the RV to get my knife. "Where are you going?" I heard a voice, I turned around to see Dale. "Im just going to--im going to search for any berries or any type of food. I want to help out." I quickly said as I walk passed him out of the RV. "Your already helping, your our medic. There's no need for you to go out." He says as he followed me.

"I know...but--" I stopped and turned to look at him. "The truth is that I want to search for Sophia...I hate just staying here when I know that I could search for her." "You can't! You dont have any experiences with weapons, its dangerous." He says with a worry expression. "I can protect myself!" "You won't go searching for her." He sternly says and I sigh. "Okay...but can I atleast help by searching for any food." "...just please dont go far." He says and I smile. "I'll be back." I said as I left the farm. "Im coming, Sophia."

"Okay...im starting to regret this..." I mumbled as I walked around the forest with my knife out. "Stupid,stupid...its okay...this is for Sophia, ill be fine...maybe--" I was stopped by groans and my heart stopped. I looked around and slowly kept walking, the groans got louder. I heard noises down a cliff, my legs started to head that direction. "Why am I doing this...please,please,no walker." I whispered as I look down to see Daryl. "Daryl?!" I asked as I saw that he was bloodied and hurt. "Y/N..." He look up at me shock and relief, I wanted to ignore him but I couldn't leave him like that. "Grab my hand." I said as I bend down and held my hand out, he grabbed my hand and I pulled him up as he climbed up. "Thanks..." He said and I stayed quiet as I got up, "I--" "Where are you hurt." I interrupted him as he got up and I saw his shirt around his waist. "Uhm..I--im fine." He said and I sighed as I placed his arm over my shoulder. "Im too heavy for y--" "I dont care, your hurt. Lets head back." I said as I looked around not knowing where the farm was, I glance up at Daryl to see him slightly smile.

"Let me guess you dont know where to go?" He teases and I scoff but nod. "Just follow me." He says and I followed him quietly until he spoke. "Why'r you here?" "...I wanted to search for Sophia." "Its dangerous...you aren't ready." "I know..." I mumbled and I could see the farm from afar. "Why didn't you tell the rest 'bout what I did..." he asked and I stayed quiet, "...they didn't need to know...does it hurt?" I asked and he look down to look at me. "Why...why are you helping me after what I did? I thought you hated me?" "It was in the moment and either way its my job to heal you...I also dont want to loose anyone else." I mumbled and I could feel him still looking at me. We kept walking and we were now on the field, "Can you walk on your own? I'll go get the guys to help carry you." I said and he took his arm off my shoulder, "I'll be fine." "Just go slow." I said as I walked ahead to get to the farm.

I then saw Glenn,Rick,T-Dog and Shane run towards me, I sighed in relief and heard them yell. "Look out, a walker behind you!" Rick yelled and I was confused until I saw them with guns. "No! Wait!" I yelled and Glenn pulled me towards him while Rick aimed his gun at Daryl. "Its Daryl! He's not a walker!" I quickly yelled. "You gonna pull the trigger or what?" Daryl finally spoke and the guys were relieved, Rick put his gun away and we saw Daryl get shot at. "No!" Rick yelled and I pulled away from Glenn to run towards Daryl as he was on the ground. "I was kidding.." He mumbled as the guys stood him up and then he went unconscious. "Is he okay?" Rick asked and I saw that he wasn't shot but the bullet just scraped the side of his head. "Oh my god! Is he dead?!" Andrea yelled as she ran towards us. "He's alive, he's just unconscious but he is hurt." I said as we walked towards the house.

"I'll check him." Hershel said as the guys carried him into the house, I was out with my arms crossed worried. "My daddy will take care of him, don't worry." I turned around and saw Maggie, I softly smiled. "I know..."

_________

The sun was setting, we were all in the house. Turns out Carol and Lori made dinner for everyone. I was serving my plate but was stopped when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder. "Can you give this to Daryl?" I heard Carols voice, I looked at her and she softly smiled. "Talk to him, I know you want too." She said and I grabbed the plate. I sigh and walked towards the room Daryl was at, "Can I come in?" I asked and I heard a yes. I opened the door, I entered and Daryl sat up with a blanket covering his body. I put his plate down and sat down on a chair that was next to him with my plate.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I looked at him, "Could be worse...can we..talk." He mumbled and I nod. "S...sorry for being an asshole...for killing Max...it wasn't my decision. But I really tried to help him, I saw him walk to the woods. I knew you would be worried so I followed him and I tried to get him to let you check him, he got all mad and started to get aggressive...He then lunged at me with a knife and I had to defend myself. That's when you came and it look like I was the bad guy." He said and I didn't look at him, I was eating my food as I heard him talk.

"I'm just...sorry, really sorry. I pass the line when I shot Max...I was just..sc—I didn't want him to bite you. I want you to know that I didn't kill him because of a grudge. I'm sorry Y/N." He said and I felt tears forming, Daryl is a good guy..I knew that...Max would always start a fight with him for no reason, I knew that Daryl would try to control himself for me.

I then look up at him and nod as I wiped my tears. "I—...I forgive you. I'm sorry that I didn't let you explain." I said and I saw his expression relaxed. "You shouldn't be sorry...I was in the wrong." He said and I softly smiled, he then winced in pain and I jumped up. "Are you okay?" "I'm fine, I just moved wrong. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He says and I smile. "I know.."

We ate our food and talked, he told me that he found Sophia doll. I already knew since T-Dog mentioned it. He was so determined to find Sophia, I knew how much it meant to him. "We'll find her...I just know it." I said and then I heard a knock. "Come in." I said and Carol came in with a small smile. "I'm guessing everything is okay with you two?" She asks and I smiled. "Yep, we're all good. I'm going to leave you both alone. Goodnight." I said as I stood up, Daryl nods at me. "Goodnight,hun." Carol says and I smile at them and left the room with my plate.

Everyone finished eating and I helped Maggie wash the dishes. "Thank you for your help, Y/N." She smiles at me as she hands me the plates and I dry them. "It's the least i can do, so...you and Glenn." I said as i smiled at her, her eyes slightly widen and her cheeks go red. "W-what about me and...Glenn?" "Well you both seem to be close, are you guys?"  "No! Well...I don't know what we are yet." She mumbles and I smile at her."Time will tell."

We finished cleaning and said our goodnights, I went back to the RV to peacefully rest.