Hounded

Season 3, Episode: 6

Days have gone by and we have been hiding, walkers surrounded the door. Carol wasn't looking so well, we haven't drank or eaten anything. I wondered if the others were dead, if we were the only ones alive...what if they thought we were dead...

"I...I'll go, find water..food, or anyone." I mumbled as I got up but couldn't stand properly. Carol was sitting on the floor as she held my leg. "No...too dangerous." She whispered weakly as I look down at her. "No, Carol. You're in bad shape...I'll be back. Promise.." I mumbled as she shook her head but let go of my leg. I waited until there wasn't any footsteps, I left the room as I closed the door. A walker was in front of me which caused me to gasp luckily I stabbed it in the head just in time. It fell on top of me as I closed my eyes forcing myself not to yell.

I wiggled my way out and placed the body on the door so no one could go in. I got up on my feet as I held on to the wall and walked until I found anything. Every door I walked in were either locked or had walkers near them. I went to a door and turn the knob to see if it's locked but luckily it was open. I peaked carefully as I saw it was another isolation room, it wasn't until a walker jumped out on me as I yell escaped my mouth. The walker had backed me into a wall which caused me to groan in pain since my body was too fragile.

"No.." I groaned as I dropped my knife, the walker was trying to bite me as I kept leaning back until I moved my head to the side and with the last bit of strength, I switched position. The walker had its back on the wall as I grabbed my knife from the ground and stabbed it in the head as it slumped down. I continued to stab it in the head as tears roll down my cheeks, angry I couldn't find anything, exhausted for the last days.

I stopped as I lay on the ground for a second to catch my breath. "Carol..." I whispered as I slowly got up and grabbed my knife. I limped my way back to where she was as from a far, I saw an outline of a person...walker. It was on the ground as it stood up looking at the door that Carol was in. My eyes widen as I fought through the pain and speed walked my way to the door. "No!" I yelled as I was about to swing my knife until I saw it was...

"Daryl...?" I whispered as I thought I was hallucinating, I was going to swing again until he grabbed my arm. "It's me! It's me..." He whispers as I drop my knife, he cups my face as he forces me to look up at him. "It's me...your alive, your alive.." he says in relief as I saw his eyes tearing. "Daryl.." I whispered as I cried happy tears and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly but I groaned. "Sorry...just in pain." I whispered as he lets go and apologized but then I look at the door.

"C—Carol! Carol is in there!" I said as he quickly moved the walker and open the door. I limped towards him as Carol looks at us with a small smile. "Carry her, she's in bad shape.." I said as he hesitated but carried her bridal style. "Grab on to my arm." He says as I do so which helped me walk faster as I clenched my knife in case of anything as we finally made our way out of the tombs.