Nebraska

Season 2, Episode: 08

"Don't look...Don't look!" Daryl says as he pulls Carol up but she pushes him off as she continues to sob. "Carol.." I softly mumbled as tears stream down my face, she walked past me but I understood that she needed space. Daryl walked towards me and I can tell he was hurting as well, we stayed quiet but he knew what I needed. He opened his arms and I hugged him as looked at Sophia dead body. "Don't...look." Daryl mumbled and I just hid my face on his chest. I could hear Beth sobbing, I glanced and saw her going to her mom, the walker was still alive and the rest helped her out of the walkers grasp and Andrea kills the walker. Hershel and his family went back to the house as Shane, Rick and Glenn followed.

"I'm sorry...I know how much it meant for you to find her." I mumbled as I look up at him. "Don't Y/N..." he mumbled as he looks down on me. "Shut up...you did everything to try to find her, I know you're hurting Daryl. I'm sorry.." I said as I pull his head down to my neck and he hugs me. We stayed quiet and I felt tears on my neck. Our group wasn't going to be the same after today.

_________________

"Maggie..?" I softly said as I knocked on the door, Maggie peaked and was relieved that she saw me. She opened the door and she invites me in. "I'm sorry." We both said, we sadly smiled at eachother and hugged.  I saw Hershel sitting down with Beth as they sadly smiled at me. I went towards them and hugged them both but Beth held on to me longer. "I'm sorry..about everything." I said as I rubbed Beth's back as she hugged me and Hershel nods. "Thanks Y/N..." Beth whisperers and lets go. "I'm here if you guys need anything." I said and Hershel held my hand. "Thank you...I'm sorry about the girl...I really am." He says and I nod. I said my goodbyes and met Maggie out the door, "Thank you...for visiting." She says and I hug her one last time. "Of course, I'll see you around." I said as I walk off and she closes the door.

I went towards Carl, who was sitting on a tree trunk with a sad expression. "Hey..." I said as I grabbed his shoulder. "Hey.."  "I'm sorry Carl.." "I'm sorry too, Y/N..." I hug him and he hugs me back. "There going to do a funeral, for Sophia and the others." He softly said and let go, "Let's go.." I said and we both went to where the others were. Carl went with his family and I saw Carol, I walk to her and she sadly smiles at me. I placed her head on my shoulder to lean on through out the funeral. When the funeral was over Carol quickly went somewhere else and I couldn't catch up.

I started walking around the camp trying to look for Carol. I got my gun and head in the forest hopping I would find her but as I looked around    I couldn't find her, I started to worry so I head towards the house.  "Y/N Thank god!" Andrea said and I was confused, she grabbed my hand and dragged me in the house to a room. Beth was laying down on the bed and I quickly went to her. "What happen?"  "She has a fever, she hasn't moved." Andrea said and I sat next to Beth as I observed her. "She's in a state of shock, where's Hershel?.." I said and got up to grab fresh towels and placed them on her body. "We don't know, Rick and Glenn went to find him." Maggie says and I nod.

"She'll cool down, I'm going to check if Hershel has anything, if that's okay?" I asked Maggie, and she nods, "I'll take care of her, I promise." I said and for the time being. I would constantly check on Beth and talk to her. I couldn't give her anything since she wasn't reacting, I just prayed for Hershel to be back. Maggie was in the room with Andrea talking, I smiled and let them be. Carol was safe and sound, turns out she was with Shane.

I went out of the house to have a breather, and spotted Daryl. He was sitting on a rock so I walked towards him. "Hey..." I said as I sat next to him, he glanced at me for a second. "Hey." He mumbled and I look at him. "Carols fine...she's in the RV, if that's what your worried." He nods and we stay quiet for a while. "What's up in the house?"  "Beth is in a state of shock and Hershel is missing, Rick and Glenn went to find him." "Yeah. Lori wanted me to bring back Rick...I said no." Daryl says and I look at him. "...wait, now that you're saying that. I haven't seen Lori around, you don't think she—"   "Looks like she did."   "The sun is setting, we need to find her. She's pregnant and it's dangerous." I said as I stood up and he looks at me. "That's new."

"Daryl, we need to help her." I said and he didn't budge. I sigh and nodded, "I understand...I'll be back. If anyone asks say I'm going to find her." I said and he was going to move but hesitated. I walked to my car and got in, everyone was inside and I drove off to find Lori.