Beside The Dying Fire

Season 2, Episode: 13

The sun was setting and it was now getting dark, still no sign of the guys which started to worry people. "I'm going after them." Andrea says as she gets up from the couch, "Don't. They could be anywhere. And if Randall comes back we're gonna need you here." Lori says as the door swung open and Daryl and Glenn walked in. "Rick and Shane ain't back?" Daryl asked, "No but we heard a shot." I said, "Maybe they found Randall." Lori says and Daryl shakes his head, "We found him." "Is he back in the shed?" "He's a walker."  "Did you find the walker that bit him?"   "No, the weird thing is, he wasn't bit." Glenn says, "His neck was broke." Daryl continues.

"So, he fought back." Lori says, "The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind him. They were together." Daryl says and Lori walks up to him. "Would you please get back out there and find Rick and Shane and find out what on Earth is going on?" "You got it." Daryl says as he head outside but we heard noises and I head outside with Glenn followed by Andrea. Daryl was outside as I stood next to him to see what he was looking at, it was a bunch of walkers and everyone came out, "Patricia kill the lights." Hershel whispered, "I'll get the guns." Andrea said as she rushed inside. "Maybe they're passing, like the herd on the highway. Should we go inside?" Glenn asked, "Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about. A herd that size would rip the house down." Daryl said.

"Carl's gone." Lori worriedly said, "What?" I asked as I turned to her, "He-He was upstairs, I couldn't find him anymore." She said, "Maybe he's hiding" Glenn said, "He's suppose to be upstairs. I'm not leaving with out my boy!" She said. "We're not. We're gonna look again..w-we're gonna find him." Carol said as her and Lori went back inside, Andrea came back with guns and she handed me one. "W-we need to find Carl! I-I can go!" I said as I walk down the step but felt my arm being grabbed. "You aint going, stay here and ill find him." "Daryl...--" "No, stay here. Its too dangerous, protect the others." He stops me and I look at him sadly, "I'll find him and the rest" He softly says and I hug him, "Please be careful." "I will." he says as he hugged back and I let go as I watch him and the rest drive off.

I entered the house and saw Beth peaking out the window, "The barn's on fire." "They're headed for it. Maybe Rick set it to draw 'em in." Patricia says she also peaks outside. "I can't find him anywhere." Lori says as she rushes back to us, "So maybe he snuck outside." Carol says as she follows her. "What do I do?!" Lori yells and I held her hand, "First, lets not panic. He must've run off, maybe looking for Rick. He could probably be with him right now." "And maybe he set the fire." Patricia says and Lori squeezes my hand, "I-ill be back." Lori says as she walks outside.

"im going to pack a bag of medical supplies, you should pack a bag and stuff anything useful in case we have to go." I said as I grabbed plastic bag and quickly went over to the cabinet and stuff everything inside. Beth and Patricia did the same until we heard Carol yell, "Beth, Y/N, Patricia, come on! We've gotta go now!" We ran outside with the bags as we saw Hershel still shooting at the walkers. "Hershel! We have to go!" Lori yells but Hershel ignores her and keeps shooting the walkers.

"We have to go!" Carol yells and we all run to the cars. "Beth! Hold my hand!" I said as she grabs my hands and holds Patricia as we kept running until a walker snuck on to Patricia and bit her. "B-Beth! You have to let go, you have too!" I said as Lori came to help me grab Beth as she sobbed and let go of Patricia.

"Where's Carol?!" I yelled as I looked around, "I-I don't know! We have to go!" Lori says and I stopped running. "You go on! I'm finding Carol." I said as I started to run the opposite side, "Y/N!" I heard Lori yell for me but I kept running away searching for Carol. I saw a group of walkers surrounding her and I pulled out my gun, my hands were shaking but I knew I had to save her. I shot them down and run up to her, "Y/N!...A-Andrea...she's.." She cried into my arms and my heart broke, "No...w-we have to keep moving, come on!" I said as I held her hand and we both kept running away.