Bloodletting

Season 2, Episode: 02

We heard a gun shot and Lori looked worried, "It was a gun." Lori says. "We all heard it." Daryl says, "Why one- Why just one gun?" "Maybe they took down a walker." "Please don't patronize me. You know Rick wouldn't risk a gun to put down one walker, or Shane. They'd do it quietly." "There's nothing we can do about it, anyway. Can't run around these woods chasing echoes." "So, what do we do? Same as we've been." "Beat the bush for Sophia, work our way back to the highway." Daryl says, "Im sure they'll meet us back the RV. Dont worry Carol, we'll find Sophia." I said as I softly smiled at Carol and she returned a smile, "Thank you. The thought of her, out here by herself.. It's the not knowing that's killin' me. I just keep hopin' and prayin' she doesn't wind up like Amy. Oh, God! That's the worst thing I ever said." She says. "We're all hoping and praying with you, for what it's worth." Andrea says and Carol smiles.

"I'll tell ya what it's worth- Not a damn thing. It's a waste of time, all this hopin' and prayin'. We're gonna locate that little girl. She's gonna be just fine. Am I the only one Zen around here? Good lord." Daryl scoffs, "If they want to pray, let them. Dont be an asshole but one thing thats certain is that we'll find her." Max says and Daryl was going to say something but I shook my head. He scoffs and we kept walking, trying to find Sophia."We'll lose the light before too long. I think we should call it." Daryl says, "Let's head back." Max says. "We'll pick it up again tomorrow?" Carol asks, "Of course we will." I said and we walked back to the RV.

"How much farther?" Lori asks, "Not much.. Maybe a hundred yards as the crow flies." Daryl says. "Too bad we're not crows." Andrea says as she walks somewhere else. We then heard her yell, "Andrea?" Lori yelled and we ran to her screams, a lady with a horse killed the walker that was on top of Andrea. "Lori? Lori Grimes?" she asked and Lori stepped up. "Im Lori.", "Rick sent me- You've got to come now." "What?" "There's been an accident- Carl's been shot. He's still alive but you've gotta come now. Rick needs you- Just come!" The lady says and I covered my mouth in shock. "Whoa-whoa-whoa! We don't know this girl. You can't get on that horse." Daryl argued.

"Lori you need to go, we'll be fine." I said as I helped her up the horse. " Rick said you had others on the highway, that big traffic snarl?" The lady asks and Glenn nods. "Backtrack to Fairburn road. Two miles down is our farm. You'll see the mailbox- Name's Greene." She says as they both leave. "We shouldn't have let her go." Daryl says, "Carl's her son. She needs to be there for him." I argued back. "We should get back with Dale and T-Dog." Glenn says and we walked to the RV. We met up with them, I cleaned T-Dog's arm while the rest told Dale what happened. "Shot? What do ya mean shot?" he asked. "I don't know, Dale. I wasn't there. All I know is this chick rode out of nowhere like Zorro on a horse and took Lori." Daryl says. "And you let her?" "Someone let her..." He says as he looks at me, I rolled my eyes and continued to focus on T-Dog. "Rick sent her. She knew Lori's name and Carl's." Daryl continues.

"We need to leave and go back to Rick." Dale says. "I won't do it. We can't just leave." Carol fights back. "Carol, the group is split. We're scattered and weak." "What if she comes back and we're not here? It could happen." " If Sophia found her way back and we were gone, that would be awful." Andrea says. "Okay. We gotta plan for this. I say tomorrow morning is soon enough to pull up stakes. Give us a chance to rig a big sign, leave her some supplies. I'll hold here tonight, stay with the RV." Daryl says and Dale shakes his head. "If the RV is stayin', I am too." Dale says. "Im in." I said and so did Andrea and Max.

"Well, if you're all staying then I'm-" "Not you, Glenn- You're going. Take Carol's Cherokee." Dale stops Glenn. "Me? Why is it always me?" Glenn asked. "You have to find this farm, reconnect with our people and see what's going on- But most important, you have to get T-dog there." Dale says and I bandage T's arm and he gives me a weak smile. "He's right, T isn't looking so good. He has a very serious blood infection and the cut isn't looking good. The best I could do was clean the wound but I dont have any more equipment left. He needs help and antibiotics." I said and Daryl walked towards his motorcycle.

"Keep your oily rags off my brother's motorcycle." Daryl threw a rag at Dale, " Why'd you wait till now to say anything? Got my brother's stash. Crystal, x- Don't need that. Got some kick ass painkillers. Doxycycline. Not the generic stuff neither. It's first class. Merle got the clap on occasion." He says as he hands me a pill bottle, "Your a lifesaver." I smiled at him and he nods. I quickly got a cup of water and handed T-Dog the pill and water. He took it and Glenn took him to Carol's car. He then got in and started the engine, I walked over to him and he lowered the window. "Be careful out there. Both of you." I said and he smiles at me. "We will, also.." He motions me to get closer to him and he whispered into my ear. "I dont know if you haven't noticed but Max isn't looking to good. He just looks pale...he keeps grabbing his waist." "I asked him but he said the pain was just from a bruise. Dont worry Glenn, I'll go check on him." I said as I pushed his hat down, he smiled and drove off.