Wildfire

Season 1, Episode: 05

It was now morning, Carol wanted to stay by Ed and asked me to take care of Sophia. "Im sorry..." I said as we walked back, "Daddy was mean...so thank you." She says and hugs me, I hugged back and we met up with the group. "Your back" Max runs to me and hugs me, I hugged back. "Don't scare me like that..." He mumbles and I nod, "I won't." and we hugged each other. "I have to help the guys with the bodies, you'll stay here." he says, "Okay." I said as he gave me a quick kiss and left. "Where's Carol?" Lori asked, "She stayed with Ed...he turned and I--" I stopped and Lori hugged me, "Its okay..." she softly said and I nod as I hugged her, she then hugged Sophia. "I'll go bring her back, Carl stay with Y/N and Sophia." Lori says and Carl nods.

"Are...you okay?" Carl asked me and I softly smiled at him, "Im okay...dont worry."   "A walker got him. A walker bit Jim." Jacqui yelled and I quickly held Carl and Sophia. "I'm okay. I'm okay." Jim said and all the guys ran to him, "Show it to us. Show it to us." Daryl yells, " Easy, Jim." Shane says and Jim backs away. "Grab him!" Daryl says and Jim grabbed a shovel. "Jim, put it down. Put it down." Shane yells and T-Dog grabs Jim from behind. "I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay. I'm okay." Jim pleaded and Daryl lifts up his shirt revealing a deep wound.

Rick placed Jim inside the RV and we all talked about the situation. "I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl says, " Is that what you'd want if it were you?" Shane ask, "Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it."  "I never thought I would say this ... but maybe Daryl's right." Max says and I shook my head. "We could help him, I can check him." I said and Max scoffs, "So he can bite you? Yeah, no."   "No, Y/N could be right, we can help him. I heard the C.D.C. was working on a cure." Rick says, "I heard that too. Heard a lot of things before the world went to hell." Shane says and they have a discussion about going to C.D.C to help Jim and so we can be safe.

We did a funeral down at the Quarry for the loved ones who died, after it was over I walked back up and was stopped by Daryl. "You okay?" He asked and I looked at him, "Not really..." I said with a sad smile. "I heard about your brother, I'm sorry." I continued and he nods, "How's you cheek?" He asked and I took off the bandage. "You tell me." I said and he looks at it. "Its getting better. Does it hurt?" He asked, "No, only if I touch it. I just can't believe what Carol and Sophia went through before this." I said, "Hate to say it but I'm glad that asshole's dead."   "Me too, at least they both are finally free." I said and we made it back to the camp.

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with C.B.s, we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now you got a problem, don't have a C.B.s, can't get a signal or anything at all, your gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" Shane says, "We're, uh... We're... we're not going." Morales says, "We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people." his wife says. " You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back."  "We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family." Morales says and we hugged them goodbye.

I got into the RV with Max, Dale, Glenn, Jacqui and Jim. "How are you feeling?" I asked Jim as I cleaned his wound. "You shouldn't waste your supplies on me." he says, "It'll be okay, we're gonna get you help." I said as I stood up, "You should just rest."  "Thanks nurse." He says as he laid down, I smiled and walked back with the rest and sat next to Max. "How is he?" Jacqui asked, "I want to say better but...he isn't looking too good." I said. "How long we got Dale?" Max asked. "Hate to say but we need to pull over" He says as he pulls over. We got out the RV except Jacqui and Dale opened the hood which revealed the RV's radiator hose bursts.

"I told you we'd never get far on that hose. I said I needed the one from the cube van." Dale says, "Can you jury-rig it?" Rick asks. "That's all it's been so far. It's more duct tape than hose. And I'm out of duct tape."  "I see something up ahead. A gas station if we're lucky." Shane says and Jacqui comes out of the RV. "Y'all, Jim... It's bad. I don't think he can take anymore." she says and then goes back inside. I was going to go but Rick stopped me, "Is it okay, if I go?" he asks, "Go ahead." I smiled at him. Max, Shane and T-Dog went to find a replacement.

"How are you doing?" I asked Carol, "Doing well, your cheek is looking better." She says she softly touched it and I smiled. Rick came back outside and said that Jim wanted us to leave him here. The guys came back with the car part and Dale replaced it. Shane and Rick carried Jim to a nearby tree, we said our goodbyes and got back into our cars to our destination.

We made it and got out, we approach the CDC cautiously and saw many walkers on the ground, "All right, everybody. Keep moving. Go on. Stay quiet. Let's go. Okay, keep moving. Stay together." Shane whispers as we kept getting closer to the headquarters. We saw that it was closed, Shane banged on the door, "There's nobody here." T-Dog says, "Then why are these shutters down?" Rick asked, "Walkers!" Daryl whispered yelled and shot the walker. More walkers kept waking up and we all yelled at Rick that we should leave.

"The camera! It moved" Rick says and starts yelling at the camera that we need help, to please open the doors. "Come on, buddy, let's go. Let's go." Shane grabs Rick, "Please help us. You're killing us! You're killing us! You're killing us!" Rick yells and we were about to leave when the door to the CDC opens, blinding us with bright lights.