Chapter Forty-Five: Thwarting Owlman's Plot

The Justice Bunker | Metropolis, New York
Saturday, November 8, 2025 | 12:55 EDT

The following day, I venture out to settle the score with Ultraman.

Ultraman's Headquarters | Metropolis, New York
Saturday, November 8, 2025 | 12:58 EDT

It takes me all of three minutes to figure out and find where Ultraman is. And as a bonus: It's a three-for-one special, as present with Ultraman, there is his wife, Superwoman, and his first lieutenant, Owlman. And a plan forms in my head.

You want to know what's incredibly stupid? Putting your weapons vault right below your main area of operations. I zero in on a couple of explosives in the vault, then I weaken the structural integrity of the top floor, right where the Dark Trinity are (that's what I'm calling the three of them), and then I detonate the bombs with my heat vision in such a fashion, that the penthouse floor caves in right out from underneath their feet. Then I circle back around at twice the speed of sound to engage the three of them at once.

I've trained with both my best friends. And the three things that come to mind, at this point, are Diana's warrior training and drive, Bruce's calculation and anger, and the image of Lois in my arms with a bullet hole in her gut... and I let it all out.

"That--that was a sonic boom..." I hear Ultraman say.

"Hnh..." Owlman gathers himself before he says, "Pretty boy wants to take us on, but I've got a few surprises for--"

And I cut him off as I burst in. "Owlman. Pff."

"Wh--!" he exclaims, but before he can say or do anything else, I take quick aim, targeting his utility belt with my heat vision, and blasting him.

The resulting explosion sends him clear across what's left of the room.

"THOMAS!" Superwoman cries, extremely worried for his welfare, much to the chagrin of her husband.

His suit's reinforced. Blowing up his entire utility belt won't kill him. But it'll do more than just take him out.

In the meantime, I take Superwoman's bulletproof bracelets, manually put them together, and I use my heat vision again, to melt them together, cooling them off with my freeze breath.

Then, Ultraman shouts, enraged at my audacity and unmitigated gall, "GET AWAY FROM HER!"

And he tackles me out of the building, flying us toward the sea.

"You-- But he--" Superwoman stammers out, confused as to what the hell just happened.

As we fly, Ultraman continues to shout at me, "I'LL RIP YOU APART! I'VE GUTTED MORE SUPERHUMANS THAN YOU CAN IMAGI--HLKK!"

"No, Ultraman..." I clap back, swinging my left elbow and planting it square in the middle of his throat, "You're done. We're ending this here. You think killing your enemies makes you tougher than most, Ultraman? Well, I'm here to let you know: THAT'S A MISTAKE."

I take him down, suddenly, down into the water.

I could tell how Superwoman would react to a strike targeted at Owlman. How Ultraman would react to her obvious concern, in touch. His anger with her makes him irrational, sloppy, even. Leaves him wide open...

A kidney punch forces him to gulp in seawater. Targeted pressure jabs lock his muscles in spasm. At this moment, he should be feeling extremely helpless. And then I uppercut him out of the water, and I continue explaining to him how I'm utterly destroying him.

And I don't hold back.

"Killing your enemies the first time you face them means you face each foe once, besting them at their basest, most minimal level. I've battled mine time and again. As they grow more inventive in their methods of trying to kill me, it forces me to be more resourceful, in return, thinking up new ways to subdue them."