A splendid feast

Li Lanfeng leaned his head in the direction of Ling Lan's shoulder. A white finger landed on his forehead and pushed him to the side with some force. Ling Lan raised her eyebrows. Did her leopard have short term memory?

Indignant Li Lanfeng complained, "Rabbit after cheating on me, shouldn't I be consoled a little?"

What do you mean cheating! Thank the heavens she was already sitting. This title was a little too heavy for her heart to bare! With an unimpressed expression, she looked at him, "I wonder how you got that idea."

"From the papers."Looking at her stony expression Li Lanfeng pushed on. "This is the commitment we made together Ling Lan! Am I not enough? You don't need another flower!" He spoke teary eyed as he held pleadingly onto Ling Lan's arm.

Ling Lan looked at the one who wrapped his arms around her like a vine. What flower!? Sometimes Ling Lan was really unwilling to believe that such cheeky words could come from a brilliant person like Li Lanfeng. Yet time and time again she was proven wrong. Thankfully the area they were in was more secluded, or who knows what trouble he would try bringing her.

"And what name did you sign on that paper?" She asked with a little chill in her voice. If it wasn't for keeping up appearances in the beginning this wouldn't even last this long. Li Lanfeng took a mental pause. It seems he'll have to deal with those papers soon.

But his minor thoughts didn't stop him from responding. Instead he gave her a curious look, "Didn't you say that you knew it was me after the first week?" Ling Lan gave him a silent warning in her eyes.

"Ah, never mind! We only got together less than a week later after all." a forlorn look crossed his face. He never had a problem chasing death after all, "You know I was really unwilling then. But you still married me anyway."

"You did such a drastic thing yet now say our union isn't valid?" Unshed, heart-wrenching tears gathered in his eyes, "You're really meant to break my heart, Ling Lan!"

Ling Lan's eyebrows twitch. She did? Did she force his hand to sign those documents! Why was he acting like he didn't have the same plans as herself!? There was a problem with Li Lanfeng's logic!

She was going to respond but she couldn't get past that pure saddened face. How was she to fault him when she looked at those starry eyes and reddened cheeks?

She didn't mean to bully this little beauty. Wait- cheeks?

Li Lanfeng's vision was covered in darkness when Ling Lan's hand covered the top half of his face.

This guy had a little too much fun pulling these tricks on her. Ling Lan felt his long lashes tickle her palm, "Done with your little tantrum yet?" Li Lanfeng chuckled softly as he grasped her wrist and pulled her hand down till his eyes were peeking over the edge, revealing the perfect top half of his face.

"Not yet." He said with a little saccharine in those soft eyes. "Rabbit, don't you think I've been punished long enough?" A calm half-smiling expression rested on his face as he placed her hand down to the side.

"Not in particular." As charming as his expression was, Ling Lan was a wall of pure cold steel. The average pressure wasn't enough anymore. Li Lanfeng frowned. There was no point in being simply near her at this stage. He had unlocked a wonderful world and vehemently refused a downgrade. But before he could say something else Ling Lan nodded her head as if she took a firm stance and she stood up.

Unhappily, Li Lanfeng followed Ling Lan out of the building, his mask virtualizing on his face. Li Lanfeng fell two steps behind her with a look akin to a sad puppy. Ling Lan smirked to herself.

Okay, It was a bit cruel, but she was having too much fun watching him try and fail to convince her. The issue was long forgotten and she had her fill.

As Li Lanfeng's mind worked to conjure up another plot to get back in Ling Lan's arms he felt his fingers being threaded through another. This hand was just to his liking.