Don't Need A Relationship

Li Lanfeng opened up his eyes a second later to see the same thing as the other two.

The water was glowing!

How was that possible!? He looked at the woman whom he was holding on to. She looked equally as confused as him. She looked up at him and they both had the same thought in their head.

'Shit'

While they were internally freaking out they completely ignored the woman on the shore who wore a dark face.

"NO! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU WENCH! HE'S MINE!" The woman screamed. Her makeup was already ruined from her fall earlier. Her sobbing only made it worse. She turned around and ran away with furious tears in her eyes. But her tears did nothing to attract the attention of the two in the lake.

They were in a daze.

Li Lanfeng was still wondering how this was possible. He was sure that the only person alive who he would ever have this type of moment with was his rabbit. He was promised to only him by fate and didn't think fate would screw him over twice.

Ling Lan was entirely clueless about this matter. Didn't her leopard have someone who he liked back in their army? Why was the water glowing for them? Was it anyone else? No, their was definitely no one else in the water. They would know.

Ling Lan calmed down her chaotic thoughts and came back to reality. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. Her eyes were once again clear.

"I have to go. We'll talk about this later." Ling Lan let go off Li Lanfeng and swam to where she rested down her stuff.

Li Lanfeng's eyes followed her until she was getting out of the water and getting dressed. He let out a sigh and got out of the water. He used his domain energy to dry himself off before leaving for the inn. When he turned back around 'Huang Xixia' was gone. And so he left.

...

Ling Lan reached her room and bathed one last time for the night before flopping on her bed. She really couldn't fathom how fate was messing with her.

It wasn't that she disliked the idea of having Li Lanfeng as a partner or anything like that. It was just that she really had no thoughts on Li Lanfeng. He also already had someone he liked. Even if she doesn't know who it is she doesn't have any thoughts on being a third party if he really liked her. And from previous conversations they had, she could tell that he was madly in love with that person. To the point of going crazy with zero chance of return.

If mother Lan knew Ling Lan's thoughts she would cry. She was hoping for her daughter to find a lover and give her grandbabies for so long. She wants to give up on her 'soulmate' for an unofficial relationship? NO WAY!

But mother Lan wasn't here to say anything so Ling Lan dodged a long lecture from her mother.

Ling Lan was contemplating telling him that she didn't need a relationship with him. Although Li Lanfeng wouldn't do anything to her normally, that was Ling Lan, she was now Huang Xixia until she goes back to the lawless lands. He still had the power to plot against her while here. And as much as she can avoid his plots with ease, she didn't feel like gaining a headache from too many schemes. He was still a tricky opponent after all. Ling Lan felt a headache coming from just thinking about it.

Maybe she could talk to him in the morning about this. With that thought in mind she went to sleep.

...

Li Lanfeng had reached his room and was contemplating what went down earlier.

'Should I kill her?' His eyes went dark as a myriad of emotions flashed through his eyes. But they soon returned to normal as he shook his head. If it was any other stranger he would have killed them off easily. But something in him kept him back from harming her. He personally didn't want that outcome either.

Li Lanfeng was ruthless when it came to loving Ling Lan. But he really didn't want to have to kill Xixia for it. He doesn't know where this sudden attachment came from but he couldn't do anything to her because of it.

It also didn't look like she wanted that type of relationship with him. At most she would be a friend.

And back at the lake she was more confused than anything. There was no love struck gaze in her eyes, it was more confusion mixed with unwelcomed surprise. She obviously didn't care much about the myth. She even offered to talk rationally about this. If there was a way to avoid having problems between them he was willing to try.

With that thought in mind he fell asleep.

Without knowing it he already started thinking of 'Huang Xixia' as a friend.

...

In the morning Ling Lan found Li Lanfeng outside her door. She thought that she would have to find him to talk to him. She looked straight into his eyes before walking off with him beside her.

"Let's talk on the way down." He nodded and made a sound of agreement.

Once they were in the elevator Ling Lan stop the elevator from moving and started.

"Look, Nalan Zhan, I don't know what happened last night, but I want to hear what you have to say about this before I say anything." Ling Lan wanted to confirm his thoughts before she told him hers.

Li Lanfeng was taken aback when she asked for his opinion on the matter. Usually if anyone found their potential lover they would try their hardest to keep them, but she asked him this instead of doing so. This only raised his impression of her more. "Well then, I apologize if this comes off as rude but I don't like the thought of being tied down to some random person just because some magical body of water said so." In fact he abhorred the idea. Wasn't that just forcefully trying to place responsibility for someone else's emotions on him? He didn't like it at all!

After seeing the disdain in Li Lanfeng's eyes, not toward her but towards their situation, she came to a conclusion, "I'm really not intrested at all in this soulmate situation either and I don't need any form of relationship with you because of it." Ling Lan got straight to the point. There was no use beating around the bush.

Li Lanfeng breathed a sigh of relief and said, "The same goes for me. I already have someone I severely like. " he wasn't afraid to admit his affections for Ling Lan to her. "I would rather stay friends with you more than anything."

Ling Lan raised a brow and smirked playfully at him, "Are you sure you could remain friends with your 'soulmate'? Your lover might get jealous." Li Lanfeng could hear her joking through her words and laughed.

"I'm not that quick to change lovers. That person is more than enough for me." Li Lanfeng smiled.

Ling Lan smiled back and restarted the elevator. They planned to get breakfast together in peace, but before they could, the elevator opened and they heard the high pitched shrieking of a woman.

"That's her daddy! She's the one who stole my soulmate!" They looked forward to see the president of the company along with the mad woman who had been bothering Li Lanfeng for the last two days and an entourage.

They, in unplanned unison, look at each other and immediately saw the exhaustion in each other's eyes. They were so done with this woman.

They walked up to them and Li Lanfeng asked, "Is there a problem?" He didn't want to deal with this.

"Ah, so you are the lovely couple who was blessed by the lake last night." The president gave them a smile.

They were surprised and suspicious. Is he here to try and make trouble for them or not?

"DADDY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? PUNISH THEM!" The young miss was infuriated.

"Be quiet, child!" The president knew how his daughter acts. Although he doesn't bother to deal with her, when out in public she can't mess up his image in the public's eyes.

He turned back to them and apologized for his daughter's misbehavior. Then he told them what he was there for.

"Me and my entourage here for the marriage rights."

"WHAT!?"
"WHAT!?"