Really idiotic

Ling Lan rested lazily while continuing to look at the report in-front of her. Xuya had sent her a report on the physical constitutions of the people in the Lan Empire yesterday, not that it mattered.

It was hard to focus when she was distracted by the feeling of the bottom of Li Lanfeng's face pressing into the back of her shoulder. The touch of his lips on her exposed shoulder was everything short of a kiss, yet their feeling was deeply burned into her skin.

She should have worn a sleeved shirt today.

She could no longer find it within herself to put any distance between herself and him at all.

Neither did she want to.  

The closer the better. But now she wondered if it was too close. All she could do was close her eyes and think. What matters did she have to deal with? Should she get back to Number Four?

At that moment she felt the learning space shut off all communication with her.

Did her teacher just reject her return? Ling Lan was dumbfounded.

The talk that Number Four gave her yesterday was the reason for her overthinking now. But Number Four herself didn't give her an answer. It seems she still wants Ling Lan to think over some things.

Number four in her dimension scoffed. She refused to let Ling Lan distract herself during such a momentous period. Instead she'd rather give up her time as a mentor than be used as a homemade cockblock.

She could also make use of that time regarding another cold faced problem within reach.

In the outside world, Ling Lan didn't want to focus on it at all.

Her friendship with Li Lanfeng had turned in a strange direction, and she wasn't all that interested in looking deep into it. But she had no choice now.

"Lanfeng, help me analyze this." A recording of The Lawless Lands' people training appeared in front of them. They simply looked for mistakes and areas of improvement. In the middle of it all Ling Lan said something interesting.

"Lanfeng, this isn't normal."

"Although their stance isn't completely standard you probably shouldn't judge them by your standard so soon." Li Lanfeng smiled. There was a lot of progress being made. In more than one way.

"Not them." she gazed over her shoulder at him.

Immediately he caught on to what she meant. Li Lanfeng looked up from the video and gave her a stare that was the epitome of 'When since were you normal!?' They were not the same Ling Lan who could never be judged on the same plain as those beside her. Did this freak force of nature expect any part of her life to be normal?

And of course, it didn't feel normal. He was constantly aiming to push it beyond that point. To be unrecognizable from simple companionship. This was all he could do since he couldn't confess yet.

"When since did that matter?" he asked blatantly. He enjoyed the exclusivity of being so close to Ling Lan. Moreover he liked it this way.

"Lanfeng, you should have learned of boundary lines before."

Li Lanfeng not-so-subtly pressed his warm face into her skin, "I did know they existed." Right, she couldn't forget how he regularly acted towards her.

"That's right. They don't exist." Ling Lan almost couldn't handle Li Lanfeng's effortless aswers. So much that she could help but ask...

"What if I want to cross these non-existent lines even more?" Her face turned and closed in on his. She wanted to see how far he would tolerate her and him being like this.

Li Lanfeng's eyes sparkled as he joked, "Rabbit, you underestimate me a lot." Ling Lan chuckled softly and looked at him with eyes full of doting. This look simply captivated his heart and held on tightly. Never had he thought her eyes could soften up at someone so much.Was such a look really meant for him?

"Oh? And what if I asked you to be with me forever?" Ling Lan boldly asked this question with little considerations.

"Yes." The answer came almost instantaneously. Li Lanfeng cursed himself in his heart. He answered too quickly despite his better judgment.

Ling Lan's laugh came to a pause.

Maybe she didn't hear that correctly.

Looking at Ling Lan who stopped laughing he knew he couldn't take back his words. So he could only change them.

"I said yes." He repeated as if he read her mind, "Anything that you wish." His words only sounded like compliance with her wants and nothing more. But Ling Lan felt it in her soul that that wasn't what she wanted. Ling Lan peered down at him seriously.

"Or we can stay like this forever." He joked a little, still leaving room for subtle hints about his affections for her.

Number Four's voice echoed in her ears, "Have you figured it out yet, darling?"

Ling Lan's eyes trembled. She began to feel confined to a different world. A world where only she and him existed. Yet she didn't hate it. She wanted more of that feeling.

All of a sudden the bubble in the back of her head burst open.

When was it that she crossed the line?

When did she start thinking about him so much? And in such a manner?

Li Lanfeng saw Ling Lan lower her head and inaudibly utter something under her breath, but was unable to catch it.

"Did you say something, Rabbit?" He raised his eyes and questioned.

"Don't worry about it."

On the other hand...

"Damn you, Number Four."

She may like him.