Marriage

MARRIAGE!

They knew that the place had the right to officiate marriages so that lovers could get married here, but that wasn't their plan at all. They didn't even think about it!

Ling Lan spoke first, "I'm sorry, sir, but we had no plans in getting married." It was most likely that this woman told him about the event from last night. But that didn't mean that they wanted to get married.

The president looked shocked. Most people wanted to get married immediately after finding out. But that wouldn't stop the marriage. "I'm sorry miss. But you are getting married."

Huh?

Li Lanfeng stepped in with no smile on his face. "What reason do we have no choice in this matter?" He was mad. They were trying to mess with his love life even though they clearly rejected the idea.

The group of people could see the anger rolling off of them and began to sweat. They could feel the mountainous pressure coming from their gazes. Who exactly did they encounter? An official standing in the group quickly came out to explain.

"The United Nations agreed to this." He paused before continuing, "Every pair who lights up Heavenly Lake must get married for at least three months. This was to ensure that everyone who has a chance obtains happiness. Small officials like us have no say in this matter." He hoped this answer would satisfy these suddenly terrifying people.

This was a complete mess. They had just agreed to only be friends, but now this was being forced on them.

Although Li Lanfeng was angry, he knew there was no way to avoid this if it was something agreed upon by the United Nations.

Ling Lan: Are you kidding me!? When did I lose control over everything in my life? The United Nations makes one rule and now I have to marry my leopard!

Ling Lan couldn't believe it.

"Young miss Huang Xixia, young master Nalan Zhan, please follow me." They were directed to a room where they signed papers for this abrupt married. The entire process took a little over an hour but felt like months for the new 'couple'. They also gave them a free pair of wedding bands created by one of the finest jewelers in the district.

"I wish you a happy marriage." The official said with a smile. "These are the key cards to your shared apartment for the next three months. You'll have to move in by Monday." He shoved the cards in Li Lanfeng's hands.

New apartment? They were confused.

"Ah yes. During the first three months of your marriage, from here in out, you'll have to live in an allocated apartment together. Other than food and personal expenses everything else is paid for." The president and his entourage quickly left after saying this, giving Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng no time to respond. They didn't want to deal with the trouble the president's daughter caused anymore!

They speechlessly went up the elevator to their floor. Once they exited reality hit them like a speeding bus.

"Ugh, if I had known this would happen I would have booked another place to stay." Li Lanfeng didn't think his plan of escape would ensnare him in a new net.

"How about we just get a divorce after the three months is up." Ling Lan offered. They didn't say that a divorce wasn't allowed. And at this point Ling Lan couldn't care any less after all that happened.

"Yeah let's just hope these next few months go smoothly." Li Lanfeng agreed with her and left for his room without saying bye. Although it was rude she understood how he felt. She dragged herself into her room.

After a few hours she received something from the inn telling her where to find the apartment. She sighed and wondered how her mother would feel if she told her about this 'happy accident'. Ling Lan didn't want to think anymore and went to bed in the middle of the day.

...

Two days had passed and they had to move into the apartment. Li Lanfeng and Ling Lan met outside the inn at nine in the morning to take a hover car to the new apartment complex.

Silence.

They didn't speak a word to each other after entering the car. It's not that they were annoyed with each other, they just didn't know what to say. The entire drive was silent as the process continued on automatically.

The ride took an hour before they arrived at a large, classy apartment complex with sixteen floors. They registered at the desk and was instantly moved to their luxury apartment on the fifteenth floor. It was spacious and was well furnished. The only problem was that it was a single bedroom. Of course this would be expected of a normal couple, but Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng weren't a couple at all.

Ling Lan already didn't like people getting physically close to her. And although she had slept with Li Lanfeng before, that was under special circumstances (him tricking her into it) and he didn't know that it was her that he was with.

It wasn't exactly ideal on Li Lanfeng's part either. He didn't want to sleep with anyone but his rabbit. Would rabbit think he betrayed him if he found out? He even got married! He didn't know if he could live like this for another day.

Li Lanfeng was deep in thought when his new wife pulled him out of it.

"Is this okay with you?" She wanted to know what his reaction would be.

"Sleeping in the same bed? It's fine if you don't want to. I'm willing to sleep on the couch." He tossed the decision back to her to make.

Ling Lan contemplated it for a while before deciding. "No. Even if it's a luxury apartment a couch would still be uncomfortable to some extent." Ling Lan inhaled then told him what she thought.

"I don't like sleeping with other people, but that doesn't mean I want you to be uncomfortable. If you're willing to. I can share a bed with you."

Li Lanfeng though about everything and since she was willing to put her own problems aside then he could only oblige. "If that's the direction were headed in then okay."

They spent the rest of the day putting away their clothes and changing things around to fit their taste. Luckily it wasn't that hard to agree on how to rearrange things.

It was evening and they had finally finished off everything. The process wasn't too bad so they weren't tired out at all. Because it had reached three in the evening they could only decide to relax until they had some thing else to do.

It didn't take long to figure out what was next. Ling Lan got hungry.